Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy
Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019
Mrs. Farias is writing on behalf of Ms. Dempsey this week due to Ms.Dempsey's Father suddenly passing away yesterday. Please keep her and her family in your prayers as they cope with the loss of their loved one. Ms. Dempsey will be out of the office until further notice.
BACKPACK CHECK TODAY: Parents please check your child's backpack for a white envelope that includes Certificates of Immunization (CIS) forms that need to be signed and returned to our school office.
LAST CALL FOR ANNUAL APPEAL GIFTS, FUND ENDS NOV. 15TH!
From the Development Director:
Our Annual Fund Appeal wraps up on Friday, November 15th.
There is a minimum donation of $25 for each family. If a donation is not made by November 15, 2019 a $50 charge will be billed out. This is our first of three major fundraisers throughout the year. The goal for this fund is $100,000. Your gift towards this fund provides a quality educational program for your student(s), new curriculum and materials, staff training, financial aid, and many other initiatives.
All donations are tax deductible. Donations can easily be made online by visiting the following link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew
Thank you to the staff and families that have already donated to this very important fund!
THE HISPANIC HERITAGE CELEBRATION WILL BE HELD THIS COMING SATURDAY, NOV. 16TH BEGINNING AT 6 P.M.
COME AND JOIN US FOR AN EVENING OF CULTURAL DANCES PROVIDED BY OUR STUDENTS AND A DELICIOUS MEAL. TICKET INFORMATION BELOW AS YOU SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
THANKSGIVING FOOD BAG DRIVE ENDS THIS FRIDAY! FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT TO SEND PLEASE SCROLL DOWN.
Don't forget to scroll through the Smore each week to check out the events that are always located at the bottom of the page.
Have a wonderful week.
Mrs. Amparo Farias
- Spirit Gear today! (Hawk school sweatshirts, Hawk T-shirts/jeans or Seahawks gear/jeans)
- Last day for Annual Fund Donations
- Thanksgiving Food Drive Bags are due today as well. They will be picked up this Friday!
- Hispanic Heritage Festival at 6 p.m. Tickets sold at the door: $5 for entertainment only and $10 for dinner, drinks and dessert and entertainment. Join us for this incredible event with 6 different dance groups.
- Monday, November 18, 2019: Mass (3rd grade hosting) 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019: 1/2 day noon dismissal for a Professional Development for teachers and staff. Do you need extended care for this day? PLEASE let Nina know in the office if your children are staying in Extended Care on this 1/2 day.
- Friday, November 22, 2019: Spirt Gear Today! (Hawk school sweatshirts/T-shirts/jeans or Seahawks gear/jeans
Change in Day for Spirit Gear and Uniform Reminders!
Please make sure to write your child's name in their sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets so that they can get returned to you if they get misplaced.
Thanksgiving Food Drive...Can You Help?
The St. Vincent de Paul Society at Holy Rosary Church is once again helping dozens of families in need during the Thanksgiving holiday. If you can assist, please place items in any grocer bag and return it to the school by Friday, Nov. 15th. We will get it to the folks at St. Vincent de Paul and the items will be handed out in time for Thanksgiving. Items that are greatly needed are:
- Stuffing Mix
- Canned Fruits/Veggies (green beans, corn, peas, carrots, mushrooms, cranberries)
- Canned Pie Filling (Fruit, Pumpkin)
- Cornbread Mix
- Canned Soups
- Cake/Brownie Mix and Frosting
- Vegetable Oil
- Boxed Mac and Cheese
- Brown or White Sugar
- Dried Beans/Lentils/Rice
Thank you for your help!
Box Tops...Now Online!
It is easy to collect money for our school, with items you already purchase. No cutting or clipping! Just download the app to your phone and scan! Here is how you do it.1. Download the Box Tops for Education in the App Store or Google Play
2. Go Shopping, Look for the box tops logo on participating packages.
3. Scan your receipt within 14 days . That's it, no more clipping!
4 Earn cash for school. It's that easy.
Don't Leave Children Alone!
Also, as a reminder, being late should be a very occasional situation. If you are late by a few minutes quite often, please do your best to make changes so that you can arrive on time every morning. This means that children are in their classrooms by 8 am. Packing things up the night before can help speed things up in the morning. It is disruptive to your child's start to the day, as well as the rest of the class when they are late. As an example, a family of 3 children who is late, impacts those three children and three classrooms full of students. Thank you for your efforts on this and to all who routinely make it to school on time. It is much appreciated! As always, if there is an issue relating to this that we can assist with or need to be aware of, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Saturday, Nov. 16th, 6pm
504 South 30th Street
- $10 for the entertainment, a plate of 1 or 2 tacos with rice and beans, a drink, and a dessert
- $5 for entertainment only (no food)