Messages and Facetime
Communicating around the World
Setting up Messages and Facetime on your iPad
Setting up Messages and FaceTime on your iPad allows for communication throughout the school as well as throughout the world. There are millions of people using Messages and FaceTime to communicate world wide. Here's how you can join in!
- Go to the Settings App on your iPad.
- Scroll down until you see Messages and FaceTime. Note that you will have to add your Apple ID separately for each one.
- Tap Messages and enter your Apple ID where it says email@example.com and your password.
- Tap Sign In.
- It may ask you for access to your Contacts. Say yes or allow.
- Then do the same for FaceTime.
- Close the Settings app.
- Search for the Messages app and tap it to open.
- On the left side, tap the paper and pen icon to create a new message.
- Message Kelly or Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
FaceTime is similar to messages except you get to see the person you are talking to. FaceTime is Apple's version of Skype.
How do you get credit?
Well, if you Messaged and Face Timed Kelly or Karen you already have!