A WORD TO THE WISE...
*ACADEMIC CONFERENCE - Will be on Monday. Please dress professional that day. We will bump free jeans to Wednesday that week! This year they are asking to walk around and visit classrooms so you might see a group pop into your classrooms. Keep on doing what you are doing. They want to see what we do on a normal day at ORE!
*BUILDING OPEN - The building will be open on Saturday from 8-4. Marina will be here to assist as needed. Please make sure you are out by 4 so that she can set the alarm.
*WALKTHROUGHS - We will start official walk throughs this week. Our goal is to be out and about more this year and last so don't be surprised to see Kara and myself "popping in" for a visit. Not every visit will be a walkthrough. If it is an official walkthrough, we will leave a note for you.
* STAFF DEVELOPMENT - Bringing back the after school staff development opportunities on the second Tuesday of the month! Rachel will be presenting our first Monday Staff Development on September 10 after school. She will be covering Mentor Sentences. If you have not been trained, it would be great if you would attend so you can hear first hand information about implementation.
*POSTER METHOD FRIDAY - Kara and I walked around watching Poster Method. Kara bragged on the great things she saw being done and the amazing conversations that were being held between the students. Great job!!!
*SLO TEACHER GUIDE - We have placed the teacher training manual in your mailbox. Please bring it with you to CTT this week. There are a few guides we will look at as we put our T-TESS and SLO goals into STRIVE.
*45TH ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT - There are order forms for the student/45th anniversary tshirt in the front office if you wish to purchase one. The orders are due on Tuesday, September 11.
*STAFF PARKING - Please make sure you have your staff parking sign in your car when you park starting Tuesday. I'm going to have the high school send their parking lot lady over to help start monitoring as I think we have some "sneakers" taking up some of our spots. With that said, if you get here to park in the back and there are no more spots, please move to the lot on the other end of the building by fourth grade.
*PROJECTORS - If you are not in your room and/or not using your projector, please remember to turn it off and save the light bulb usage. We've had these projectors for about 4 years now and I expect we will start seeing bulbs going out before too long and we want to make them last as long as we can.
*JEANS PURCHASE - If you have coupons from last year, they can be used through the month of September (no more than 1 a week). If you want to purchase 1 more jeans day a week, you may do so through Kathie G. It is $5 per day or $20 for the month. Note that you may only wear jeans 1 extra day a week and you must wear a "dressy" top with them and no tennis shoes.
*ATTENDANCE - Our attendance took a dip this week. I realize that we have had a stomach virus going through. Remember, if you have a student who is absent more than one day (in a row), we would like for you to contact the parent and document your contact in View It.
* CANVAS - Our school webpage is updated and has the link on it to your Canvas page. I believe parents will have to use their log in to get in (Parent Access log in). They can also get to it from Parent Access. Make sure you are updating them on a regular basis once we share with parents that they can get information from them.
*TEAM HUDDLES will start over this week. Kinder is Monday, First is Tuesday, Second is Wednesday, Third is Thursday, Fourth is Friday. I'll be out an ready no later than 7:28 so we can start a few minutes early if everyone is there.
*TEAM HUDDLE QUESTION FOR THOUGHT - What is one thing you've learned new so far this school year that has helped with our professional growth?
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday is professional dress for Academic Conference at noon!
Monday is staff development after school for Mentor Sentences.
Tuesday is the new Monday again, with jeans and our new staff shirts.Friday is Math Review Quiz day!
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
September 10 - Mentor Sentences
October 9 - Words Their Way
November 12 - Rubrics
Points to Ponder:
1. How are you encouraging students to be present and on time?
2. How are community circles going?
Seed for Growth
Vanessa K and Susan H and hard working students - I am always so impressed when I go into their rooms. I loved the lesson about rocks and the book the teacher made. You are all amazing! - Becky
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
10 - Kathy Wolff's birthday
10- Academic Conference - Noon
12 - Tami at Principals' Meeting
14 - Math Review Quiz
16 - Elsy DelSalto's birthday
17 - Core Team Meeting
18 - Spring Creek BBQ Night
19 - Read for a Better Life
20 - Parent Information Night
21 - Poster Method
23 - Laverne Baugus and Missy Giammatteo's birthdays
24 - Faculty Meeting
26 - Kathy Farris' birthday
27 - Kathie G, Michelle A, and Monique J's birthdays
28 - Math Review Quiz