Newsletter for Employee Health Promotions Committee Members
March 2017 Edition
2017 10K-A-Day Was A Success!
Total Number of Participants: 390
- Monroe had the largest staff participation with 34 staff members, followed by East HS 31 with staff members.
Highest number of miles trekked:
- Monroe trekker had 242 miles
- West HS trekker had 244 miles
- There were several trekkers from Monroe and West with over 200 miles.
- 150 awards were distributed from the EHP Steering Committee to participants.
- There were staff members in EVERY building receiving prizes!
Tip of the Day
Site Allocations for 2016-17 School year
Site Representatives are encouraged to use these funds in the following ways:
A. hosting wellness events or classes which serve all employees of your site
B. supporting participation in District-coordinated EHP events such as 10K-a day,
Bike/Walk to Work or Shake it Up Challenge
C. rewarding site employees in achieving wellness goals
Invoices and Receipts must be turned in to Jan Lundquist within 1 week of receiving. Gift cards can not be awarded and sales tax can not be paid or reimbursed. (auditor regulations)
May 2017 MAPS Shake It Up!
Here is a taste of just some of the events we have planned:
- Kick Off River Walk - with celebrities and entertainment
- Zumba Party - with multiple instructors
- Weekly Classes and Walking Groups
Other Items to Promote
- MAPS Community Education and Recreation classes and events are advertised in the seasonal brochure each Fall, Winter and Summer. Employees are eligible for a $10 fee reduction for a class in each brochure. Each individual must register and provide their employee email address and work site. Contact the CER office at 507-387-5501 Current Winter Brochure. Key Offerings: Water Aerobics, Water Walking and Lap Swim: M/W nights, 7:30-9:00pm, instructors Pam Schreiner and Lexy Wenzel. MASTERS Swim: competitive style workouts for all levels, T/TH mornings, 5:15-6:45am
- Vital Worklife Employee Assistance Program. The program is geared toward recognizing an employee's problems and helping to find appropriate help. This service is confidential and is available to both employees and members of their household--at no cost to you. Their phone number is: 1-800-383-1908.
- READY! for Kindergarten. At the time of a requested paternity/maternity leave, the employee is given a gift certificate entitling them to two (2) years of READY! for Kindergarten Classes advertised in the seasonal Early Childhood Brochure. Registration is conducted through the Early Learning Office by submitting the gift certificate and completing the paperwork process.
- Employee Walk and Bike Day. May 10 2017
- Wellness Book Study through Summer 2017 Learning Academy
2. If you have questions, comments or ideas = Share them with us here
3. Help promote the year's events and build excitement within your team