veterinary technicians growth is much faster then all occupations.
Compassion Detail Oriented Interpersonal skills Manual Dexterity
- Observe the behavior and condition of animals.
- Provide nursing care or emergency first aid to recovering or injured animals.
- Administer anesthesia to animals and monitor their responses.
- Collect laboratory samples, such as blood, urine, or tissue, for testing.
- Perform laboratory tests, such as urinalyses and blood counts.
- Take and develop x rays.
- Prepare animals and instruments for surgery.
- Administer medications, vaccines, and treatments prescribed by a veterinarian.
- Collect and record patients’ case histories.
- Animal Care and Service Workers
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians
- Audiological Technologists
- Radiology Technologists