Holy Rosary Bilingual Academy
Thank you to all who helped with the Harvest Festival and to all who attended the event. It was a wonderful time to get together with other families and for the kids to play games. What amazing costumes!! We have a couple of important dates coming up this week! Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead is from Oct. 31st to Nov. 2nd. All Saints Day is on Nov. 1st and All Souls Day is on Nov. 2nd. Want to know more? Read on...
This Friday, in honor of All Saints Day, we will have an all school mass at 9 am. As a reminder, All Saints Day is Holy Day of Obligation in the Catholic Church. It is a day when we honor all of the saints of the church, or in other words, ALL who have died and been received into Heaven. All Souls Day is on Nov. 2nd and is meant to honor all who have died, but who have not yet made it to Heaven.
Check out a video on this topic at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BApiwgFPs10&feature=youtu.be&list=PL58g24NgWPIzvBk2IQVES_xC4WTm6-CDI
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) "is a Mexican holiday. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. It is particularly celebrated in Mexico, where it attains the quality of a National Holiday. It is actually divided into two distinct holidays, the first being Dide los Inocentes, which is dedicated to children on Nov. 1, and Dide los Muertos on Nov. 2, which is the actual Day of the Dead. Both days taken together are collectively referred to as the Day of the Dead, and celebrations can begin as early as Halloween (Oct. 31)." - https://www.catholic.org/saints/day-of-the-dead/
Check out a video on this holiday at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgYrH-DLFXE&feature=youtu.be&list=PL58g24NgWPIzvBk2IQVES_xC4WTm6-CDI
Have a wonderful week.
- Wednesday: 3rd and 4th grade to Pumpkin Patch (depart at 9am), St. Vincent de Paul Food Drive bags go home for Thanksgiving Food Drive (please return by Friday, Nov. 15th)
- Thursday: Students may wear Spirit Gear OR Orange and Black. We will move the Pay2Dress to Thursday, Nov. 7th. Students are NOT ALLOWED to wear costumes, face paint, or hair color to school.
- Friday: All Saints Day Mass at 9 am (Hosted by 4th grade class)
- NEXT MONDAY, Nov. 4th - We will have another all school mass at 9 am as we begin our new rotation of Monday Masses! This will be hosted by our staff.
The Votes are In...No Weekly Envelopes!
Yes...I want envelopes = 34%
No...I do not want envelopes = 66%
Thanksgiving Food Drive...Can You Help?
- Stuffing Mix
- Canned Frutis/Veggies (green beans, corn, peas, carrots, mushrooms, cranberries)
- Canned Pie Filling (Fruit, Pumpkin)
- Cornbread Mix
- Canned Soups
- Cake/Brownie Mix and Frosting
- Vegetable Oil
- Boxed Mac and Cheese
- Brown or White Sugar
- Dried Beans/Lentils/Rice
ANNUAL APPEAL ends Nov. 15th!
From the Development Director:
Make a Donation Today! Our Annual Fund Appeal wraps up on November 15th.
This is our first of three major fundraisers throughout the year. The goal for this fund is $100,000. Your gift towards this fund provides a quality educational program for your student(s), new curriculum and materials, staff training, financial aid, and many other initiatives. There is a minimum donation of $25 for each family. If a donation is not made by November 15, 2019 a $50 charge will be billed out.
All donations are tax deductible. Donations can easily be made online by visiting the following link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/o5kPfZnwU-9YPZxE8gatew
Thank you to the staff and families that have already donated to this very important fund!
Box Tops...Now Online!
It is easy to collect money for our school, with items you already purchase. No cutting or clipping! Just download the app to your phone and scan! Here is how you do it.1. Download the Box Tops for Education in the App Store or Google Play
2. Go Shopping, Look for the box tops logo on participating packages.
3. Scan your receipt within 14 days . That's it, no more clipping!
4 Earn cash for school. It's that easy.
Picture Retakes and Cross Country Photos
Tuesday, Nov. 12th, 8am
504 South 30th Street
Saturday, Nov. 16th, 6pm
504 South 30th Street
- $10 for the entertainment, a plate of 1 or 2 tacos with rice and beans, a drink, and a dessert
- $5 for entertainment only (no food)