Countdown to ELAR STAAR
Intentional Instruction Leading up to the Assessment
February 2, 2018 / ONLINE SEMINAR
Engaging Students in Purposeful Practice
Interested in Bringing This Training to Your District?
Benefits of Attending
- Learn Effective Goal Setting & Monitoring Techniques.
- Plan for Intentional Practice Tasks that Motivate Students.
- Take Away Games for Content Review
- Integrate Collaborative Discussions Into Your Instruction.
- Reading & Writing integration
- Employ Students in Comprehension Strategies
- Gain Knowledge About Inquiry groups & How They Benefit Students
- Planning Strategically for Interventions
- See Projects Employ Many Reading & Writing Skills
- Learn Motivation Techniques
- Focus on Student Interests & Giving Choice
- Gain Test Taking Strategies That Work
- Receive Mentor Text Suggestions
- Participate in Engaging Fluency Activities
- Learn Test Review Vs. Test Practice
- Walk Away With Guided & Independent Practice Ideas
- Unit Planning & Mapping Guidance Provided
- And MUCH MORE!
Meet the Trainers
Randi Anderson is an elementary educator, blogger, and staff developer with almost 10 years of experience. She taught third and fourth grade in title one schools in the Fort Worth area. Before entering the classroom, Randi studied early childhood education and English as a second language at The University of Texas at Austin. She has a strong passion for making reading and writing authentic and engaging for her students.
Online Participant Testimonials!
"It was a great interactive experience. I love being able to follow along and ask questions or make comments as needed. The instructors were knowledgeable and shared so many ideas. It was nice to have facilitators who know the struggles we face in our classrooms and who give us ideas we can implement immediately to overcome those barriers. " -Nelda
"Great job overall! I enjoyed that we weren't given a binder with pages to flip through. It was a smooth process following along with the presentation." - Daniel
"I thought everything was planned really well and the ideas were great!" - Kelly L.
"This was a great way to provide information to us and allow for asking questions about the different ideas you were presenting." - Karen
Check Out Kelly Harmon's Book on Practice!
Kelly Harmon & Robert Marzano teamed up to write Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes. The book is part of the Essentials for Achieving Rigor Series.
Practicing Skills, Strategies, & Processes: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Develop Proficiency explores explicit techniques for mastering this crucial strategy of instructional practice. It includes:
- Explicit steps for implementation
- Recommendations for monitoring students’ ability to develop fluent thinking
- Adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs, or excel in learning
- Examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- Common mistakes and ways to avoid them
$225 Per Participant
We offer group discounts! Please contact for more info.
6 Hours of Professional Development Credit Will Be Awarded
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. EVEN IF IT IS AHEAD OF YOUR PAYMENT. This will let us know to reserve you a seat for the training in the event we have a sold out event.
You can register by faxing, Calling, or Emailing your registration form in.
To pay by credit card, call our office at (817) 583-1290. We will send you a link to pay your registration fee online through our billing system. Credit Card payments must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link the the training.
To pay by purchase order, submit your district PO by email or fax. Please make PO's payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates. Purchase Orders must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training. Please contact us if you require a W9 form.
To pay by check, please make checks payable to Kelly Harmon & Associates and mail to 26440 White Eagle Drive San Antonio, TX 78260. Checks must be received before the date of the seminar to receive the official link to the training.
Call (817) 583-1290
Fax (972) 369-7327
For more Information Please contact us!
Countdown to ELAR STAAR Workshop
Friday, Feb. 2nd, 8:30am
This is an online event.
8:00am Registration Begins
8:30am -12:00pm Morning Session
12:00pm - 1:15pm Break for Lunch
1:00pm - 3:30pm Afternoon Session
6 Hours of Professional Development Credit will be Awarded to Each Participant
RSVPs are enabled for this event.