School Newsletter for Parents
For the week of January 11
Hello, Attea families!
Our first week back at school was a smooth one. Of course, the situation in the capital, like any significant national or international event, was on the mind of many of our students. Yet our staff continued focusing on
teaching and learning while at the same time providing a safe and supportive space for students, grounded in the development of the whole child and in a manner that is consistent with the District's Vision and Values.
This week's newsletter contains some new updates and repeats some useful information items. Please contact us if you have any questions: Contact Attea Middle School.
Have a safe and happy weekend.
January 18: MLK Day of Service
We will be off of school on January 18, but as the linked website shares, it can be “a day on, not a day off.” In case families are interested in service-oriented ideas and information to plan for, here is a link: MLK Day of Service.
Parent Education Opportunity
When: Wednesday, January 20, 2021 9:00 – 10:00am
Where: Zoom - Attendance is FREE, Registration Required.
More Info: Participants will be provided with a framework and related strategies to set the stage for success during remote learning. Presenters will address strategies to consider when creating an environment conducive to learning, establishing routines and expectations, and most importantly, taking care of yourself and your child. Time will be provided for participants to plan and reflect on the strategies for their own family.
Looking for other resources? Check out the NSSED Parent Support & Education Page: https://www.nssedels.org/
Yearbook Photos Still Needed
Hi, Parents. Will you help the Yearbook Club staff by submitting photos for this year's yearbook? There are 3 categories of photos needed (please provide clear, high resolution photos. There are two ways parents can share photos:
1. Parents can use the forms below to share photos. Note, however, that forms can be accessed through students' District Google Drive accounts only.
- Photos of you and/or your friends/family/pets celebrating the most recent Spirit Week: https://forms.gle/EepUGwwj5huLAXKEA
- A photo of you and your friends/family engaged in a hobby you picked up during the pandemic? Feel free to submit up to 5 photos using this link: https://forms.gle/MDJeY5VdJPeD1T4v9
- A favorite crazy hat photo: https://forms.gle/13sS6i7oA8cHLfvc8
2. Parents can email photos directly to the Attea Yearbook Club sponsors.