Second Week of Camp
Creating Patterns Using Beads
What We've Learned this Week
- Letters( D,T,E,F,V): The campers learned ( D,T, E, F,V) sounds.
- They completed (D,T, E, F,V) exercises on their phonics book.
- They completed phonics exercises on their phonics.
- They practiced writing upper and lowercase letters of (D,T, E, F,V) on their journals and practiced far-point copying from the board by writing words with these initial letters.
- They detected words with the initial letters above after listening to the following stories read to them: ( Alphatales: Detective Dog and the Disappearing Dougnuts , Aphatales: When Tilly Turtle Came to Tea, Alphatales:Fifi Ferret's Flute, and Alphatales: Teh Enormous elephant Show, and Alphatales: Vera Viper's Valentine)
- We reviewed sight words identification of (me,we, my, the, to)
1. Identifying and writing numbers( 11-20)
- The campers recognized numbers 11-20
- They wrote the numbers and number words( e.g. eleven, twelve..etc)
2. Comparing numbers 11-20
- They compared numbers using >,<. and =.
3. Sequencing numbers 11-20
They practiced sequencing numbers on math worksheets.
We reviewed making patterns ( AB, ABC, AAB, ABB) using snapping cubes, little cubes, and beads on a bracelet.
- We reviewed 2D shapes ( square, rectangle, triangle, circle, oval, and diamond).
- Other 2D shapes like ( hexagon, pentagon, and octagon) were introduced.
- They wrote the name of the shapes on their journals.
- The colored, cut, and glued the 2D shapes into their journals.
1.4th of July Decorations:
- They cut red, white,and blue star and glued them into paper plates
2. Making Bracelets:
- They made bracelets out of beads.
- They tried to put the beads in a pattern
They participated in the following activities during field day ( sponge race, bean bag toss, and relay race)
Marshmallow & Spaghetti Structures: They tried to make big structures that would stand up using marshmallows and dry spaghetti.
- The blue or black folder is in your child's cubby or backpack.
- If your child did not attend camp today ( Friday), he/she will get his/her folder the following Friday.
- Please return the black or blue folder by Monday
2. Field Trip:
- We are going on a field trip on Wednesday,July 6th to Regal Cinemas to watch "Smurfs 2"
- If your child want to buy food from the movie theatre, you can put cash in a Ziploc bag labeled with his/her name.
3. Tie Dye Shirts
- The Tie Dye shirt is in a Ziploc bag in your child's backpack
- You'll need to take it out of the bag and keep in an open area to dry for at least 24 hours.
- You'll also going to need to rinse it after it gets dry in place where it won't stain.
- Please read the instructions in your child's folder for rinsing the tie due shirt.
4.Change of Clothes
- During this afternoon, most of the campers changed their clothes because they got wet when they were playing the sponge relay.
- Please bring change of clothes by Monday if your child doesn't have any in his/her cubby.