Rocky Creek Elementary School
Creek News: September 13 - 17, 2021
Rangers are self-directed learners, caring citizens and positive world changers.
Collaborative Planning Day September 15
The other collaborative planning days this year will be: October 6, November 10, February 9 and March 9. Please mark your calendars and have plans for these days. There will no longer be the option to stay at school until 2:30 on these days, so it is imperative that you plan ahead.
Reporting Covid Positives and Exposures
Girls on the Run Registration is OPEN
Register your 3rd-5th grade girl for a season of learning important skills, setting and achieving goals and starting healthy habits for life! Girls on the Run is the nation’s leader in girl programming that focuses on the whole girl: mind, body, spirit. Season runs September 20-November 20. Practices are held outdoors on Tuesdays/Thursday from 2:45pm-4:00pm. Learn more and register for the Rocky Creek Team today: https://www.gotrcolumbia.org/Our-Locations
Need more information on the RCE team? Email email@example.com with questions
Run Hard Registration is Open
Practices are held outdoors on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:30-4:00 pm.
Morning Drop Off Procedures
- You may use either the front car loop OR the back bus loop for morning drop off. Students may only be walked to the door at the front, since we do not have a crossing guard in the back.
- Students may not be dropped off prior to 7 am. If you arrive before 7:00, your child must wait in the car until an adult opens the doors and comes outside at 7. It is not a safe practice to drop off students before 7:00 because they will be unsupervised.
- The tardy bell rings at 7:40 am. Doors are locked at 7:40, and any children arriving after this must be walked all the way in to the front office and signed in.
Always exit from cars along the sidewalk curb. At no time are children to exit from the left side of the vehicle.
Please have students ready when they reach the unloading zone. Use your time in the line to find a mask and get it on, gather book bag and lunch box, put on jackets, etc. The quicker our students exit vehicles, the quicker the line will move.
Afternoon Car Line Reminders
Use the "zipper method" to keep the traffic moving...one car from the left, one car from the right.
Have car tags displayed until your child gets in your car. Visible numbers help us to ensure that students are loaded into correct cars at each cone, and having it ready while in line helps move the line along, rather than having to wait for you to find the number. If you need additional car tags, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents and drivers should not leave their vehicle to assist with unloading students.
In the afternoon, parents and drivers should not leave their vehicle to assist with buckling students. If you need to assist your child with buckling, please move up to the gold cone. If you need to exit the vehicle for this, please pull into a parking space for your safety.
Want to see what's happening inside RCE?
- Follow Rocky Creek on Twitter @RCESLex1
- Follow your child's teacher on Twitter