WMS Friday Forecast
February 8, 2019 - Week 22
A Note About Bullying
The issue we (parents and school staff) have with bullying is knowing when it is happening. It is not unusual for us to hear about a bullying situation months after it has happened.
So, a few notes:
- Read this article called "7 Surprising Things Parents Don't Know About Bullying".
- Keep an open dialogue with your child about how they are doing with friends, peers, frenemies, and kids that are sometimes just plain mean.
- Know the difference between RUDE, MEAN, and BULLYING. This article by author Signe Whitson gives a great explanation. The author also provides some tips and a quiz to determine if your child understands the difference.
- Let us know when you become aware that bullying is happening. Encourage your child to self-advocate and self-report, but if that doesn't happen, please contact the grade level administrator for support.
Bullying stinks. It can take the spirit right out of a child. But together we can certainly conquer the impacts on our kids.
Our Lost & Found is Overflowing Again!
The items in the first video are located on tables outside the cafeteria & gym. It includes a lot of clothing, shoes, lunch boxes, etc. All of the items in THIS VIDEO must be claimed by Friday, February 22nd. All items remaining in the Lost & Found outside the cafeteria after this date will be donated.
The items in the second video can be claimed in the main office. There are several pairs of glasses, a couple of phones, some jewelry, etc. We have had the glasses for several months and are considering making a donation to the Lion's Club of them.
RANDOM ACTS MATTER
Monday - February 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. - The Acadia theater is having a free showing of the movie Wonder, Show your school spirit by wearing your Wredling wear to show support.
CLICK HERE for their calendar of events for the week! And keep spreading kindness all year long!
Attention 8th Grade Parents:
Juanita Gryfinski RN MSN MS MA PEL CSN NCSN
Dept. Chair for Health Services
Calling All Fiddlers!
The annual D303 Fiddle Fest is approaching! This fun event is set for Friday, March 1st at St Charles North High School. Participating students should arrive at 5 pm for rehearsal.
Is your orchestra student participating? Please click on THIS LINK for the Google Form below and fill it out so there can be an accurate count for concert set up and for the pizza dinner:
Please remember the cost of the pizza is $5. Your child should bring $5 cash to Fiddle Fest if they are eating the pizza.
The Fiddle Fest concert will be at 7 pm in St Charles North Main Gym. Come hear a great performance from hundreds of D303 string musicians!
STILL NEED A YEARBOOK?
Don't miss out on a chance to have your official record of this school year in pictures! Yearbooks are ordered based upon the number that are pre-ordered and paid for by students. Only a few extra copies are ordered when the final order is placed.
To purchase a yearbook, please see Lucy Johnson in the Main Office. You can pay the $25 cost in one of the following ways:
- With a check - made payable to Wredling
- With $25 cash - bring to the main office
Angst Follow-Up Session # 3
SIGN UP USING THE GOOGLE FORM BELOW
Eat Chipotle THIS SATURDAY from 4-8 pm!
CHIPOTLE - 3821 E Main Street
Saturday, February 9, 2019
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Show the flyer below at the St. Charles Chipotle and the teams get 33% of the proceeds for their donation to the American Cancer Society.