KCS C&I Update | September
Resources to Support Teaching & Learning in KCS
Canvas Resources for KCS Teachers
Below this section, we have linked a great resource for supporting Personalized Learning with Students, but we thought this tool could help us support you, as well! The questions have been re-framed to address teachers' needs:
- What is expected of me in Canvas?
- What is the timeline of implementation?
- How do we measure success?
- How/when do I get support?
- How can I make this more impactful?
In the spirit of providing clarity, we thought we would dive into each question, weekly:
What is expected of me in Canvas?
- KCS is working with a Canvas-first approach, which provides our students with a single learning platform, whether learning virtually or face-to-face. This does not limit teachers from utilizing other digital tools to support student learning, yet supports our families with all teachers STARTING with Canvas.
- It is expected that during the 2020-21 school year, all KCS teachers will utilize Canvas for Virtual & Face-to-Face Learning to build capacity within the platform. It is our expectation that teachers will continue the established practice of weekly planning, so that teachers can respond to students who need virtual learning opportunities.
Upcoming Professional Learning Series
- August 27, 3:30-5:00 - Canvas Nuts & Bolts - learn how to organize, create, and facilitate learning by using some of the basic features of Canvas. Click on the image to register!
- September 3, 3:30-5:00 - Creating High Quality Instructional Video - learn research-backed practices that improve engagement & effectiveness of instructional video and we'll dive into best practices with Screencast-o-matic and video file management.
- September 10, 3:30-5:00 - Improving Feedback with Google Assignments - learn about the latest Google integration and how you can harness the power of Google Classroom's originality reports, real-time feedback, and grading features all within Canvas!