September 26 to October 9
A message from Mr. Rios, campus Principal
Dear Stallion Community,
We had a great week of school and we are ready to begin our 9th week. Below are a few updates for our Stallion community. We are excited to share with our community that Montwood High School will be celebrating their homecoming week, we have the details below. Go Rams!!
- Monday, September 26: Mini Monday Pep Talk, make people feel good this week but don't forget that you are someone too! Give yourself reasons to smile and feel good. Give yourself kindness and understanding, you deserve it.
- Tuesday, September 27: Together Tuesday, what is something that is easier to do together than alone? Students follow their daily schedule. Monthly SIT meeting inside the library at 3:45 PM.
- Wednesday, September 28: We rise Wednesday, we rise by lifting others! Students follow their daily schedule. Montwood High School homecoming parade starting at 5:00 PM. Nine week testing for core classes day 1.
- Thursday, September 29: Thumbs up Thursday, what are you proud of today? College Thursday at Stallion Country, we encourage our Stallions to wear their favorite college shirt (pants remain as per dress code policy). Montwood High School homecoming game at the SAC, kick off at 7PM. Nine week testing for core classes day 2.
- Friday, September 30: Flashback Friday, what is one thing you learned this week? School Spirit Friday at Stallion Country, we encourage our Stallions to wear their favorite school spirit shirt (pants remain as per dress code policy). Nine week make-up testing for core classes.
This week Montwood High School will be celebrating their homecoming week. We would like to encourage our Stallion and Montwood High School feeder to participate in this years events. Below is a flier for our Stallion scholar dress up days to include dates and times for the homecoming football game and parade. We look forward to seeing you there, Go Rams!!
We will be hosting our October intersession camp on October 3rd to the 7th from 8am to 12pm. Our teachers, SCEI's and campus Administration will be sending invitations home during this week of school. Our focus for this camp will be: Mathematics, RLA, sub-populations and HB4545. If you would like to secure a spot for your child, please reach out to our campus SCEI's Mr. Quintero or Mrs. Reyes.
Stallion Community, our Stallion Scholars are expected to have their student issued laptops and chargers daily. We are considered a DNA 1-1 campus and these technology devices are used daily for classroom instruction. If you have any questions regarding our campus technology, please contact our Librarian at 915.937.5400.
When visiting our campus, it is important to bring an ID to request approval for entering our school building. Our campus is safe and secure and it provides our students a safe and supportive learning environment. Once you ring the door bell, you will be attended to by our receptionist over the door bell intercom system. You will be asked to state the purpose for your visit. If approved, our receptionist will be able to buzz you in to enter the front desk receptionist area. Note that any family member not listed on the students demographics will not be approved to visit with our Stallion scholar. A campus administrator is always available to assist you and your family. Our school office hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. If you have any questions, please contact us at 915.937.5400.
Stallion scholars make sure you are arriving on time, taking attendance for each class and actively participating. Our goal as a campus is 97% and above. Stallions, if you have any questions in regards to attendance, please reach to your teachers or our campus PEIMS attendance specialist, Ms. Priscilla Juarez at 915.937.5413.
MHS Homecoming Week
Attendance Counts Everyday!!
Extended Learning Camps (Tutoring)
A Message from our Librarian
October Intersession Camp
Spooky Duck Grams
A Message From NTHS
A Message From Our Counselors
8th Grade Stallion Scholars!
Please take note! We will be taking the PSAT on Tuesday, October 25th. School counselors will review testing protocol, once we return from our October break. Please make sure to "Make it Count" and be here on the testing date!
Continue to stay safe, stay healthy, and stay positive!
Slider School Counselors 💚💙💗
September 2022 @ A Glance
Update from Nurse Licon
Stallion Dress Code
It is the philosophy of the Socorro Independent School District and William D. Slider Middle School that all students should maintain high standards of dress. A committee of parents, students, and teachers adopted a uniform policy for Slider Middle School.
Shirts & Required Colors:
- Students will wear a white, navy blue, or forest green collared polo shirt with or without a Slider school logo.
- White, navy blue, or forest green T-shirts will be allowed only if they have the Slider school uniform logo.
Pants/Shorts/Skirts/Skorts Required Colors and Style:
- Students will wear khaki, tan, blue or black pants in good repair. No other colors permitted.
- Slim, regular, and relaxed-style pants and joggers are acceptable.
- Wide-leg and baggy-fit pants are not acceptable.
- The length of the pants must not touch/drag along the floor, and they must fit according to the waist size of the student.
- No military style cargo pants are permitted.
- Walking style/Bermuda style is allowed.
- NO ragged edge, daisy dukes, spandex or stretch pants (leggings), hot pants or short shorts are permitted.
- Shorts may not be rolled up. The length of skirts, skorts, and shorts must extend below the student’s fingertips when the student’s arms are extended at his/her sides.
- Capri style pants are permitted.
- Torn and slits of any kind are not permitted.
Jackets/ Sweaters Required Colors and Style:
- These must be zippered or button down and can be worn as seasonably appropriate.
- Jackets/coats must not cover the Slider logo while in the building.
- Thermals, turtlenecks, or solid school colored long-sleeve shirts may be worn under the Slider logo shirts during cold weather.
- Pull-over must be a white, navy blue, or forest green color with a Slider school logo.
Accessory Dress Requirements/Restrictions:
- Caps, hats, bandannas, headbands, stocking caps and hoods etc. may not be worn. All of these accessories need to be left at home.
- For reasons of health and safety the following will not be allowed: sunglasses worn inside the building, and jewelry/ piercings in lips, eyebrows, nose, tongue, chin etc.
- No weapon like or oversized jewelry is allowed, including studded leather bracelets, oversized chains, or chained wallets. Beaded jewelry that uses fish line is particularly unsafe.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Closed toe and closed heel shoes are required. Shoes must have hard soles and be specifically designed for outside wear. Platform shoes (greater than 1 ½ inches) are not permitted for reasons of safety. Crocs (clogs) are not allowed on campus.
The Physical Education Department at Slider Middle will require students to wear a P.E. uniform that has been approved by the Dress Code Committee.
- Students taking Physical Education classes are required to wear our Royal Blue PE Shirt.
- The shirt can be purchased at: Pen Art Tee 11426 Rojas Dr, STE A 915-920-7588 or at Classroom Uniforms 11985 Pellicano Drive 915-855-7400.
- Athletic bottoms (i.e., running shorts, leggings, joggers, or sweatpants in any color)
- NO SPANDEX
Safety for All Stallions
Not receiving our messages?
We are always available to assist you.