Morey Tiger News
Para traducir esta pagina (newsletter), mire el boletin parte superior de su derecha y busque la accesibilidad , haga click donde dice "Traducion de boletin' .haga click de nuevo donde dice Español.
Para traduzir esta pagina/informacao(newsletter), olhe no canto superior direito da informacao(newsletter) na barra de Acessibilidade e clique na opcao “traduzir”.
ដើម្បីបកប្រែព្រឹត្តិប័ត្រព័ត៌មាន សូមមើលលើផ្នែកខាងស្តាំខាងលើនៃព្រឹត្តិប័ត្រ ព័ត៌មាននេះនូវមធ្យោបាយ ហើយសូមចុចលើជម្រើស" បកប្រែព្រឹត្តិប័ត្រព័ត៌មាន ។
Please fill out this form to share your new address with us if you have moved. It is very important to share this infomation.
SPRING IS COMING!!!
With Sprintime comes a renewed sense of focus, a renewed joy, and a promise of sunshine and laughter. Everyone seems to smile more as we finish our last fewfew months of the school year. This last chunk of the school year is a HUGE time for lots of growth for students. We know our Morey Tigers will continue to grow.
Here is what families can do to support this growth:
- Please make sure to ask your child to read at home each night. If they need books, remind them to access our Book Nooks in school. Our students in intervention groups also have specific books to practice at home. Not only does reading at home help growth, it is a fun and enjoyable activity. Reading to children is also known to have very positive effects.
- Please make sure children limit their use of technology before bedtime so they are able to get a good night's sleep. This is so important for their growth and development.
- Remind children that mistakes are a part of learning and proof that we are trying.
THANK YOU TO ALL FAMILIES FOR THE IMPROVEMENTS TO MORNING DROP OFF! WE HAVE NOTICED THINGS ARE GOING MORE SMOOTHLY AND MORE AND MORE STUDENTS ARE BEING DROPPED OFF SAFELY ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF WILDER STREET.
- Friday, March 18- Student Banking
- Tuesday, March 22- 5:00-School Council/ PTO meeting at Morey- Important Budget Info
- Wednesday, March 23- Report cards Go Home
IMPORTANT MCAS DATES- A PAPER COPY WAS SENT HOME WITH STUDENTS IN GRADES 3 and 4
March 10, 2022
Dear Parents and Guardians:
Each student arrives at school with a unique mix of talents, interests, and learning needs. MCAS helps teachers, parents, and students know where students are excelling and where they need help. This year at the C.W. Morey School, Grade 3 and 4 students will take two sessions of the Next Generation MCAS test in English Language Arts and Mathematics. The testing dates are as follows:
English Language Arts Monday, April 4 & Tuesday, April 5
Mathematics Monday, May 9 & Tuesday, May 10
English Language Arts Wednesday, April 6 & Thursday, April 7
Mathematics Wednesday, May 12 & Thursday, May 13
How can you support your children at home?
Make sure your child knows that he or she is prepared to do his or her best on this and all assessments. Support him or her if she has any concerns.
Ensure that your child gets enough rest, exercise, and healthy food in the days leading up to testing.
Make sure your child is in school and on time on testing days. Please avoid doctor/dentist appointments, etc. on testing days.
Remaining Early Release Days This Year
Morey School will dismiss students early (at 11:50am) for staff professional development on the following dates:
Last day of school (currently June 21st)