Monday News and Notes
May 16, 2016
Week at a Glance!
- Galway Ambulance Visiting Grades K-2 8:15 (they left a message at 8:30 indicating they were not coming)
- IST 8-11 CSE Office
- Service Provider Meeting 2:30-3:00
- Last Day for Chess Enrichment
- Last Day for Tuesday TV Enrichment
- Elementary Spring Concert Grades 4-6 7:00 P,M.
- Budget Vote
- BOE Meeting
- HS Gymnasium is not available-Thank you to the Art department for decorating!
- Middle School Gymnasium may be used by HS in case of inclement weather
- Academic Stakeholders meeting
- EBT 8:30-10:30
- Last Day for Cooking Enrichment
- Last Day Day for Wednesday TV Enrichment
- PTSA meeting 6:30 P.M.
- I will be out of district from 1-3
- I will be attending a site visit with Tina, Jen and Andy 12:15 in Ballston Spa
JHE TV News
The scheduling committee recently met to finalize 2016-17 schedules. The file attached to the link below will have the following information:
- Daily (class schedule)
- Master ( special area schedule)
- Class Assignments
Red Nose Day
School Bus Protocol
Daily attendance has always been a very important part of children’s success at school, and in years past we have recognized those who achieved perfect attendance with an end-of-the-year certificate. Unfortunately, this has led to some children attending school when they are indeed ill. Children’s health is a top priority, and we want to encourage children to attend school only when they are physically well enough to do so. Therefore, we are shifting away from recognizing perfect attendance and will now recognize outstanding character. The criterion for this award is as follows:
- 3 or fewer excused absences inclusive of tardies and early dismissals
- Demonstrates great character in and outside of the classroom
- Demonstrates leadership characteristics
- Demonstrates continual effort or improved effort throughout the year
Please make sure to meet as a grade level and determine your choices for this award. The award should be included as part of your end of the year awards and certificates should be presented then. You can prepare your lists and then cross off students who have not met the first bullet once you receive the attendance print out from the office. We will use June 3rd as the cutoff for the attendance criteria.
Jenn Coombs had her gallbladder removed yesterday and will be out for two weeks. We wish her a speedy recovery.
Crissi Carmel was cleared to return to work after having an emergency appendectomy. Welcome back!