Tusculum View Tiger Talk
Important Information and News for the 2022 - 23 School Year
Tusculum View Mission Statement
Tusculum View has a heart for ALL kids by providing engaging opportunities to achieve excellence.
Hello Tiger families,
Happy Summer to everyone! I hope you are enjoying the beautiful sunshine, got plenty of rest, and are geared up to return to school! The days are quickly passing and the first day of school is just days away!
I want to provide you with important information about returning to school so you can plan for the coming days.
Looking forward to seeing everyone this week! We've missed our Tigers!
Schedule for the beginning of the school year:
Wednesday, August 3 - Grade Level Orientation. NO BUSES WILL RUN. Parents and students will attend for grade level orientation in the school cafeteria during a specified time. Parents/guardians need to bring and stay with their student for informational meeting in the cafeteria. Students will then go home with parent/guardian.
1st grade - 8 am
2nd grade - 9:30 am
3rd grade - 11 am
4th grade - 12:30 pm
5th grade - 2 pm
Friday, August 5 - First full day of school. There will be bus transportation, and breakfast and lunch will be served on this day. School begins at 8 am and you may begin dropping off students at the side parking lot at 7:15 am.
If you have questions about bus pick up or drop off times or need to add bus transportation, please reach out to Kristen Rollins at 423.787.8003. If you are changing your mode of transportation that you selected during registration, even if for just one day, you will need to submit this in writing to Mrs. Mary before it can be changed.
We cannot accept a phone call to change to/from riding the bus, walking, or pick up. Thank you for your help in this matter. Safety of our students and getting them home to you is our top priority!
To ensure the safety of students, all car rider vehicle’s picking up students MUST have a car tag issued from our office. Only a parent or guardian can obtain these from the office, but will need to distribute them to whoever will be picking up your student(s). All persons with a car tag MUST be on the approved pick up list. If a car tag is not present in the vehicle, the driver must park and come in the office to check out the student with their driver’s license and be on the APPROVED PICK UP LIST. If you have not gotten your car tag, please come to the office and pick them up prior to the 28th. You receive the following at no cost - 2 for car riders, 1 for bus riders, and 1 for walkers. Extras are $2 each. Only a parent or guardian can add or remove individuals from the approved pick up list and must do this in person at the office.
No Car Tags will be issued on August 3rd due to this is a day for new students coming in and parent meetings. Reminder you will need to do this prior to August 3rd.
Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival and Dismissal
- Arrival -- 7:15 - 7:59 at side parking lot. School begins at 8:00. If you arrive after 7:59, you will need to go to the office and sign your student in. If you arrive after 8:00, you will receive a tardy.
- If you have questions about your bus, please call the school.
- Dismissal Time -- We dismiss each day at 3:00. First, walkers. Next, car riders. Finally, bus riders when buses arrive.
- Due to possibility students or staff needing to be picked up due to sickness, we will need to keep access to our building open as much as possible. Car rider vehicles may begin lining up at 2:55 at the front circle and side parking lot. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
- ESP will be available for all students. If any parents are interested, please call the school office 423-639-2751 so an ESP packet can be sent home with your child. Students can stay for ESP the day the packet is completed and turned into the school office. Be sure to send a note letting us know your child's change in afternoon dismissal plans.
- Transportation -- If your child changes their transportation from one day to the next a written note MUST be sent to school with your child in order for us to get your child to the appropriate location without confusion.
Please practice with your child buckling up and unbuckling in your car and any car that students may ride in. Students should strive to being able to unbuckle themselves and get out of their cars in the morning and get in their car seats and buckle up themselves in the afternoons.
Dismissal will occur at the front circle and side parking lot at 3:00 pm. Please refer to the following traffic flow guide. PreK vehicles line up at 1:20 (front circle) and K-5 line up at 2:55 pm (front and side).
For Grades K- 5: IF YOU CHOSE SIDE PARKING LOT FOR YOUR AFTERNOON PICKUP ON TRANSPORTATION SURVEY, YOU WILL PICK UP ON SIDE LOT. IF YOU CHOSE FRONT CIRCLE, YOU WILL PICK UP AT THE FRONT CIRCLE. You will pick up here everyday, as this is where your child will go.
Please remember that we will not be able to allow vehicles to begin lining up in our parking lots or the side roads until 2:55 pm for afternoon student pickup.
If your child misses a day a school, per policy you must submit written documentation to the school office within two days of the child returning to school. You are allowed three parent notes per semester.
- Several ways to submit your written documentation
- Send written parent note, doctor, dentist, or therapy note with your child to school. Your child will give the written note to their teacher and it will be sent down to the school office.
- Email your excuse to Mrs. Mary at email@example.com
- Fill out the Online Absentee Reporting. This is found on Tusculum View Website--Click Parent Tab--Click Online Absentee Reporting--Remember to give the reason why your child was absent from school.
Please return to school with your computer, charger, and pouch (grades 4 & 5 only have a pouch).
Library Books needs to be returned to Ms. Stephens.
Students may continue to bring an unfilled water bottle to school with them. It will be filled at school following safety guidelines.
If you have had a change in address, phone numbers, or emergency contacts, please contact the school at 423.639.2751 ASAP to get your information updated.
Important Information about School Lunch and Breakfast
- Student meals will NO LONGER BE FREE OF CHARGE THIS YEAR.
- We will now be serving extras in the cafe! Please make sure your student has money on their account if they wish to purchase any extras and for daily meals
- The School Nutrition Operational Changes below explains why meals are no longer free to students.
- Lunch and breakfast prices are as follows - Breakfast $1.60; Lunch $2.35.
Bus Rider Guidelines and Ride 360 App for bus transportation
Please see bus rider guidelines and expectations. Riding the bus is a privilege and respect for the driver and other riders, as well as appropriate behavior, are expected each time students board the bus.
You now have the ability to track your student's location if they are traveling on a GCS school bus using the Ride 360 app. This will help you know exactly where your student is and a more accurate arrival time. Instructions to download and setup are below.
GSIA wants YOU!
GET YOUR TIGER SWAG!
Visit our school store to get Tiger apparel to show your school spirit and Tiger Pride! You may purchase and pay on our site. Merchandise will be sent home with your student when it arrives.