Ms. Steere's Classroom
January 4th - 8th
Introducing Mrs. Bobbio
For the next 12 weeks we will have a student teacher in our classroom. Jennifer Bobbio has been a substitute in Louisa County and Fluvanna County and is currently attending Mary Baldwin College to obtain her teaching degree. She is excited to be in our classroom and have the opportunity to work with your little ones. We are looking forward to an exciting semester.
- Please make sure to send homework notebooks back this week. We will be making changes to our homework requirements and expectations. Please check inside your child's homework notebook for updates.
- Don't forget to send in completed December BOOK It calendars this week for a free pizza! January calendars will be coming home on Thursday.
- January 6th - Back to School!
- January 6th - Coffee with the Principals
- January 11th - Report Cards Sent Home
- January 14th, 6pm - Date Night with Dad
- January 18th - No School, Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- January 21st, 5:30pm - PTA Meeting
- January 27th - Donuts with Dad
This Week's Learning Goals
- use pictures to make predictions. (Reading SOLs: K.9c, K.10a)
- write my first and last names. (Writing SOL: K.11b)
- write uppercase and lowercase letters independently. (Writing SOL: K.11a)
- write to communicate ideas. (Writing SOL: K.12b-d)
- measure and compare the length of objects using nonstandard units of measure. (Math SOL: K.10)