GoingGreen affecting global warming
By: Carolanne Gering
How does Recycling help Global Warming?
- Well Recycling helps Global Waring because if we recycling newspapers properly we can save 17 trees, 380 gallons of oil, 3 cubic yards of landfill, it can save 4000 kilowatts of energy and 7000 gallons of water.
- Also Recycling plastic can help global warming because it can save twice as much energy and it can save 70% less energy to recycle plastic than it is to make new raw plastic.
- After that Recycling glass can help global warming because glass can help save energy and run a 100 watt light bulb for 4 hours. Also Recycling glass can also save 20% less air pollution and 50% less water pollution too.
Rise Above Plastics - Plastics Kill
How does Recycling reduce water pollution?
- When we Recycle we can help reduce water pollution by taking all the all the toxic fumes out of the water.
- Over 5000 million plastic bag can kill over 1000 seabirds and over 100.000 million marine mammals each year.
- We also can help reduces pollution from entering oceans,lakes,rivers and streams by recycling water from the rain as well.
How does Recycling reduce air pollution?
- If we recycle we can reduce greenhouse gasses from entering the air.
- Also recycling plays a role in reducing methane gasses, and some of the methane can cause chronic illnesses.
- As well Recycling paper can reduce air pollution by 74%.