Second Grade News
April 24th - April 28th
- We hope to see you this Thursday for our Poetry Cafe! This is a "come and go" event from 8:30-9:45am in the cafeteria.
- Your learner will have a menu of favorite poems. You can "order a poem" to be read to you by your child or another child in second grade.
- We ask that your student wear a white shirt and dark pants/skirts. If they have a tie, they may wear it. If not, we will provide cute paper bow ties.
- We enjoy having this event in second grade. It's a lot of fun! :)
Notes From the Teachers
- If you have not purchased a t-shirt for field day, they are on sale through this weekend. You can find the PTO webstore here. If you paid for a "fast pass" at the beginning of the year, you do not need to purchase a field day shirt.
Mark Your Calendars!
*Library is every Tuesday.
*Math homework is due on Fridays.
April 24th: Science Night (PK AM, Kinder, 2nd, 4th) at 5:30pm
April 25th: Science Night (PK PM, 1st, 3rd, 5th) at 5:30pm
April 27th: Poetry Cafe 8:30-9:45 a.m.
May 1st-5th: Spring book fair
May 2nd: Second grade musical at 6:30pm
May 4th: Spring picnic at 6:00pm
May 12th: Cluster showcase
May 17th: CISD Ballpark Night
May 19th: Field Day
May 29th: No School (Memorial Day)
June 1st: Last day of school
Writing and Word Work
- Complete poems
- Ending Punctuation
- Spelling rule: Suffixes -ness, -less
List 1:homeless, kindness, careless, helpless, gladness, coolness, goodness, sickness, fitness, sadness
List 2: kindness, careless, goodness, useless, fearless, darkness, helpless, thankless, fitness, weakness
List 3: faultless, speechless, friendless,limitless, breathless, meaningless, priceless, readiness, tasteless, readiness, weariness, darkness, fuzziness
- How does weather change our foods?
- What kinds of foods grow in different regions of the world?
- Reading a bar graph
Skills: Students will take an assessment on time. They need to be able to read a digital and analog clock as well as know the difference between a.m. and p.m. Ask your kiddo this weekend if they can!
Then, we will move on to simple multiplication and division!
Homework: pgs. 613-614
2B: We will learn about sound energy.
Next, we will switch. 2B will get to do robotics and 2D will learn about sound energy!
- Reading: We would like for each student to read for about 20 minutes each night. This can be reading to themselves, reading with someone, or listening to a story. Istation counts as reading time as well!
- Math: pgs. 613-614. Reflex Math and Splash Math are great math tools that I hope your child is using at home!