Aloha High School
Friday Update 5/28/21
June Schedule Alert - Group 1 Tuesday and Thursday, Group 2 Wednesday and Friday
Registration for Summer School is OPEN!
We are excited to Create, Reconnect, Engage, and Discover with our students this summer! C.R.E.D.(it) offers experiences including 8.5, 9.5, and content credit offerings for students who are not on track to graduate.
- Are you an incoming 9th grader? You're invited to our 8.5 program!!
- Are you a current 9th grader? You're invited to our 9.5 program!!
- Are you a current 9th-12th grader that has ever received an I, N, or F in a core class? You're invited!!
Summer School is going to be all about getting engaged in your learning and re-connected to school, your peers, and our staff. You have the potential to earn .5-1.0 credit in as little as 7-15 days. Plus, Summer School is FREE this year!! Please register soon to have more class options available to you.
More information and the registration form are available by scanning the QR code or at the Summer School Webpage.
Questions? Email email@example.com us
June AP Testing Schedule
- All exams are online and are currently scheduled for the third administration in JUNE
- Any student who needs to test on campus for WiFi or a quiet space, must notify Krystal_Wilson@beaverton.k12.or.us of your intent to test on site in advance via email.
- Make sure your Chromebook has the AP testing app installed or install it on the device that you will be testing on!
- To find the app on your school Chromebook, log out completely (to the screen where you would put in your ID number) and look in the lower left for a button labeled “Apps.” The app you need is called “2021 Testing.” If you see “sign out” in the lower left, you haven’t logged out completely.
- If you are planning to test on a personal device, follow the instructions here to install the application.
- This page has all the information about what the test will look like and the new app!
- Check out the Practice Exams that are already loaded and try out the different functions before the exam.
- Taking an advance science or math class and want a calculator? Contact the ASH library to get one!
Three Days BEFORE the Exam:
- LOG IN to the app and check that your exams are there
- Write down your login information if you are worried about forgetting it
- Set an alarm for the exam for 30 minutes before the start time
- If you are going to test on campus, instead of at home, make sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Day of the Exam
- Set up your testing space
- Quiet space where you can concentrate
- Have any tools/materials next to you (remember that the testing app will lock you out of everything else including Google, Canvas, Desmos etc.)
- Log in 30 minutes before the exam start time! (AM exams begin at 9am and PM exams at 1pm local time) Exams start at 9am and 1pm exactly, be ready to go!
Warrior Art - Check out the walls in the senior center
Shout out and a huge thank you to FMPC, Key Club and Latino Leadership! With their help, Providence Health Center gave 340 vaccines to our Aloha Community!
12+ Vaccine Opportunity for Beaverton School District
Washington County Public Health, in partnership with Columbia Sportswear and Albertsons, is inviting Beaverton School District students and their family members aged 12+ to a Pfizer vaccine clinic.
Dates: June 6-7
Appointment link: http://kordinator.mhealthcoach.net/vcl/ColumbiaSportswearHQ (appointments required)
Location: Columbia Sportswear, 14375 Northwest Science Park Drive, Portland, OR
Hours: 1 – 7 pm each day
- 12+ welcome, 12-14 need to have a parent on site for consent, 15-17 need signed consent offered by Albertsons through the registration process.
- Drive thru or walk thru available.
- This clinic is by appointment only. If you have people who need help navigating the registration process, for language or technology reasons, they can call the Washington County Vaccine Helpline 1-833-907-3520 (flyer attached).
- Appointments for the 2nd doses Sunday, June 27th and Monday, June 28th.
Dear Aloha Families, The Oregon eviction protections are set to expire at the end of June. This means renters will need to pay back rent that's still due. The state is taking applications for additional rental assistance through the Oregon Emergency Rent Assistance Program. People are eligible if at least one person in the household had a financial impact from the pandemic (a lost job, decrease in income), and their household income is at or below 80% of the area's median income (about $77,000 for a family of 4 in the Portland metro area, or $51,000 in rural communities).
Tenants can be approved for up to 12 months of past-due rent, and three months' upcoming rent. The payments will go directly to landlords, property owners, and utility companies.
The money will be allocated based on need, so everyone who applies for the program will go through a review process.
Assistance is offered to all renters, regardless of citizenship or immigration status.
Here's a link to the application and information on how to apply:
McKinney-Vento Homeless Education/Foster Care Program Specialist
Washington County Homeless Education Network Chairperson
Beaverton School District | McKinney-Vento Homeless Program
16550 SW Merlo Road, Beaverton, OR 97003
Office: 503-356-5071 | Mobile: 503-819-7300
BSD HELP Center
4925 SW Angel Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97005
211Info connects people with health & social service organizations
CALL: 2-1-1 or 1-866-698-6155 TTY: dial 711 and call 1-866-698-6155 TEXT: Send a text message with your zip code to 898211 (TXT211) EMAIL (email): send an email to email@example.com HOURS: Monday-Friday 8 am-6pm
LLAMAR: 2-1-1 o 1-866-698-6155
TTY: marcar 711 and llamar 1-866-698-6155
TEXTO: enviar un mensaje de texto con su código postal a 898211 (TXT211)
EMAIL (correo electrónico): enviar un email a firstname.lastname@example.org
HORAS: lunes-viernes 8am-6pm
211info empodera a las comunidades de Oregon y el Suroeste de Washington al ayudar a las personas a identificar, navegar, y conectarse con los recursos locales que necesitan. Intérpretes están disponibles por teléfono. Cuando marca al 2-1-1, marque 1 para inglés, 2 para español, y # para cualquier otra idioma.