This Week at CCES
January 11 - 15
Our campus attendance goal is 98%.
Dear Cub Families,
Welcome to the new year and our second semester of learning! We hope that all of our Cub families had a relaxing, safe and healthy winter break. School resumes on Monday, January 11 for both our in-person and eLearning students and are teachers and staff are eagerly looking forward to seeing all of the students back in action! A few reminders as we return to school next week:
- Send your student to school wearing a mask, and pack an extra one just in case!
- Remember to keep your student at home if they are not feeling well!
- Our tardy bell rings at 7:35 a.m. so we ask that you please have your student at school prior to 7:35 a.m.
Upcoming Events at CCES
January 11: Return to School/Start of 2nd Semester
January 18: MLK Day - NO SCHOOL
February 12: Teacher Workday - NO SCHOOL
February 15: Holiday - NO SCHOOL
Please check your email for a message from Dr. Elaine Howard that includes a Boerne ISD school quality survey. This is the survey that has been traditionally sent in years past.
The survey will be open from January 7th-16th. If you did not receive the email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder for a message from Dr. Howard.
Thank you for your participation and support!
Counseling Program Earns Award
Congratulations to our school counselor, Nelda Zuniga, for leading our school counseling program and earning Cibolo Creek the prestigious CREST award. Counselors Reinforcing Excellence for Students in Texas (CREST) is sponsored by the Texas School Counselor Association (TSCA) and is awarded to school counseling programs that meet CREST requirements and exemplary standards within their school. We know the incredible impact of Mrs. Zuniga on our students each day and this award validates our team’s efforts to follow her lead and meet the needs of every child, every day.
BOA Save the Date!
Who: All 5th graders
What: Boerne Outdoor Academy (BOA)
When: May 25 CCES (one day camp)
Where: Cibolo Nature Center
Time: 9:00 am- 6:00 pm
Cost: $30 for each 5th grade student (this includes t-shirt, lunch, bottled waters, and all snacks)
Students will arrive at school at normal arrival time and be transported to Cibolo Nature Center via bus.
All students will participate in a fun packed day of traditional BOA stations (rocketry, water studies, survival hike, team building and rain sticks).
A boxed lunch, snacks, and bottled waters will be served along the banks of the beautiful Cibolo to all attending BOA.
Students will be led through each station by BISD teachers and High School Student Leaders.
Traditional BOA camps songs and skits will be performed for students before returning to campus that evening.
Club Invention At Home is Coming to CCES!
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame®, CCES is excited to host Club Invention® At-Home for children in 1st through 5th. This immersive afterschool enrichment program invites kids to explore STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) concepts through hands-on, at-home activities.
Club Invention At Home begins on February 11 and runs through April 15. Misty Newton will be the Instructor and will guide young innovators through action-packed, open-ended activities.
Throughout the program, kids will:
- Connect and collaborate with their Instructor and friends to develop new ideas and build their creative problem-solving power.
- Receive all the materials and tools they need to channel their inner designer and customize their very own robot.
- Feel empowered to use their imagination and make their thinking visible while gaining confidence and essential 21st-century skills.
Club Invention At Home offers a fun extracurricular experience led by a live educator who is invested in your child’s success. The total cost of the program is $75. Availability is limited. Visit invent.org/register or call 800-968-4332 to reserve your child’s spot today!
We have exciting news! Boerne ISD has partnered with the Patrick Heath Public Library to offer our students access to eBooks and audio books through Sora. We are so grateful to the PHPL for partnering with us, and we hope you will use this new resource to keep your students reading over the break! Please follow the link below to access a step-by-step tutorial for accessing the books. Please contact Mrs. Brinson at April.email@example.com if you have any questions.
School Yearbooks and 5th Grade Ads
Yearbooks are now on sale! Don’t wait to reserve your student’s copy of the CCES yearbook! Capture the memories of this unforgettable year. Buy online now at www.Balfour.com. Yearbooks are on sale now for just $30.00.
5th Grade Yearbook ad's are now available for $15 at https://www.balfour.com/
Please complete your purchase to save your space by January 29, 2021. Ads must be created and submitted by March 1, 2021.
Mask Up Cubs!
Student Health Advisory Council Meetings
The Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) meeting dates are set for this school year:
February 8, 4:30 p.m.
April 12, 4:30 p.m.
Zoom meeting links will appear in the newsletter or via email prior to the date of the meeting. All parents/students/BSID employees/community members are welcome to participate.
We love seeing our students arrive each morning! Please help everyone arrive safely by abiding by the established drop-off procedures:
- Drop off on the cafeteria side only (not near the gym).
- Observe restricted areas marked by the cones. Do not drop off next to the cones or before the cones.
- Only cross at the crosswalks.
- Check over your shoulder before pulling into traffic.
- Practice grace and patience. Sometimes our young or special learners take a little extra time exiting the car.
- If your child is having a rough morning, or needing a little TLC, you are welcome to park and walk your child to the front entrance.
Dear 5th Grade Students:
We are seeking 5th grade students who through their compassion, empathy, and good character will inspire classmates to become more involved in spreading kindness at our campus. Students who join the club must be committed to attend school meetings and participate in service projects as needed. These service projects may take place on days other than or in addition to regular meetings. If you are interested in joining this club, we ask that you fill out an application and submit it to Mrs. Zuniga by Wednesday morning. Interviews will be held on Wednesday, January 13th, 2021 from 3:30-4:00. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email at:
Mrs. Zuniga and Mrs. Ferry
Be sure to visit their website (http://www.cibolocreekpto.com/) to join this amazing organization and learn how you can become involved. You can also purchase spirit wear and yearbooks through the PTO online store.
And, be sure to follow them on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/cibolocreekpto
Now more than ever, we need volunteers! Although we can't physically be on campus, there are still plenty of ways to help!
Sign up to volunteer with your child's classroom:
Sign up to volunteer on a committee:
KCUB Morning News
Subscribe here: https://www.youtube.com/c/BISDtvKCUB
- Talk to your children about using the cross walks when walking home from school. Crossing the street diagonally can be dangerous.
Drivers should leave plenty of space near cross walks when parking so there is plenty of room for adults and children to see oncoming traffic.
Drop students off in the front driveway only. Do not drop them off on Herff Ranch and have them cross the parking lot.
- No visitors are allowed on campus at this time due to COVID. You may still drop off forgotten lunch boxes and backpacks at the front bench. Please wear a mask when you are inside the building.
- Our school day begins at 7:25 a.m. The tardy bell rings at 7:35 a.m. We look forward to seeing your student on time each day. If your child eats breakfast at school, please have them arrive in the cafeteria in plenty of time to eat and get to class before the tardy bell!
- Dismissal is at 3:00 p.m.
- Please have your child attend school all day, everyday, unless they are sick. Please schedule appointments for after school whenever possible! We appreciate your support making the full instruction day an important part of your family's schedule.