Differentiation with 2D & 3D Shapes
Changing the Way We Teach!
The Learner Will
TEKS: Use, Model, Describe GEOMETRIC CONCEPTS AND PROPERTIES IN PROBLEMS
EQ: How can we use previous knowledge of geometric concepts to solve problems involving irregular shapes and composite figures?
1. Students will help teacher create a concept map based on previous knowledge and then the teacher will fill in the gaps and discuss with students where the class is headed.
2. Engage students by showing the following video:
3. Pre-Test--Group students according to their pre-test scores.
4. Math Work-Shop
· Teacher Time--Students will work in small groups (3-4 students) with the teacher one-on-one.
· Student Choice based on how the teacher wants to lay out the activities
· Some activities are individual activities while others are partner activities.
· Activities are based on games, technology, manipulatives and problem solving.
· Activities are introduced to students using a:
o Must Do/Can Do
o Choose Your Points
4. Summary--Students will write a summary of what they learned/need help with/or don't understand about what was covered at the teacher table.