BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWS
MARCH 4, 2021
READ ACROSS AMERICA
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
Thank you to all of our community members that came and read to our our students, they enjoyed having you all here.
I have a few friendly reminders for you. It is imperative your students are in class by 7:45 am. If your child does not enter the building by 7:45, you must come inside to the elementary office and sign them in. We use all instructional minutes and class work begins at 7:45. If you child enters late, they are missing instruction. Five or more tardies results in Monday Makeup School. Also, please be sure your child is bringing a water bottle and mask to school everyday.
Celebramos Read Across America el martes 2 de marzo. Tuvimos un gran día leyendo y celebrando el cumpleaños del Dr. Seuss. ¡Gracias a todos los estudiantes que se vistieron con su personaje de libro de cuentos favorito!
Gracias a todos los miembros de nuestra comunidad que vinieron y leyeron a nuestros estudiantes, disfrutaron de tenerlos a todos aquí.
Tengo algunos recordatorios amistosos para ti. Es imperativo que sus estudiantes estén en clase a las 7:45 am. Si su hijo no entra al edificio antes de las 7:45, debe entrar a la oficina de la escuela primaria y registrar su entrada. Usamos todos los minutos de instrucción y el trabajo de clase comienza a las 7:45. Si su hijo llega tarde, le faltan instrucciones. Cinco o más tardanzas resultan en la Escuela de Recuperación del Lunes. Además, asegúrese de que su hijo traiga una botella de agua y una máscara a la escuela todos los días.
- Practice letter and sound recognition. Letter for this week is Rr.
- Focus on number recognition up to number 14.
- Please have students practice writing their name at home.
- Please write down words read on reading log.
- Attendance is important! Every day is a learning experience.
- Library books are due back on Tuesday. Lots of students are not bringing their books.
Thank you for all your support. Mrs. A 😊
Can you believe it's already March?! I am so proud of these students and how much they have learned and grown this year. They are soon to be firsties! 🙂
I am looking forward to meeting with you on March 8th to discuss your child's growth.
A few reminders...
- New sight words will go home on Tuesday March 9th.
- Continue reading every night with your child. They need all the exposure to literature they can get!
- Spring break is the week of March 15th. Woo hoo!
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
· Sight word test next Friday over the new words.
· Spelling test will be on Friday next week.
· We will test over +10’s tomorrow.
· Please bring library books and a water bottle to school every day.
· If your child is absent please call the office and message me on class dojo.
*Monday, March 8th will be parent conferences. Please check your child’s folder for your note with the conference time.
THANKS for all you do!
* Please continue to practice math facts over spring break. We will continue with -7 after the break.
* Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR test!!!
* Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
* Please remember to send a water bottle with your child/children each and every day. They get thirsty and the water fountains are closed.
- · In math we are comparing fractions with the same numerator or denominator.
- · In science we are learning about the importance of the Sun.
- · Math fact homework is due on Friday. Math fact tests are on Friday
- · We are starting to hit hard on Preparing for the STAAR test!!! It is Important for you child to be here EVERY DAY!!!
ELAR/ Social Studies
We will finish up Poetry. After Poetry we will be digging deeper into informational text and look at author’s purpose. We will be asking ourselves: How do we know how an author feels about a topic?
In Social Studies we are learning about the free enterprise system. (scarcity, goods,services, budgets, spending,saving)
Make sure you are reading at home and fill in Home Reading Logs.
Make sure you are checking Class Dojo messages.
This week we will be spiraling our STAAR skills review and going over what students will be seeing.
Parent Conferences are on Monday!
- IMPORTANT – Middle of Year Parent Conferences. If you have not already signed up for a phone conference on Monday, a time has been assigned to you. Thank you to those that have already responded. We look forward to speaking with you on Monday. If you have not had an invitation from us via ClassDojo, Mrs. Barclay will be contacting you to schedule a conference.
- We completed the practice Writing STAAR Test last week - I will share the results at the upcoming teacher conferences.
- · As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read. Hopefully students are fired up about reading after yesterday’s Read Across America fun!
- · In Social Studies we are learning about the years of Texas’ independence and the early years of annexation into the United States.
Please remember to send your child with a clean mask and refillable water bottle every day.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- In Math we are identifying, drawing, and counting lines of symmetry as well as identifying and naming quadrilaterals and triangles. We will begin a study on personal finance.
- We will have random multiplication fact tests so please be sure your child studies and knows their basic facts.
- In Science we are studying weather. We will learn the difference between weather and climate.
- Please make sure that your child is doing their 20-minute reading EVERY night. This will boost their vocabulary and make them a better student.
- We had a great time on March 2nd with “Read Across America”.
- Bring a water bottle and clean mask EVERYDAY!
*Parent Conferences are March 8th; please watch Class Dojo for times
*As we get closer to STAAR test it is very important for students to be at school EVERY DAY
*Pease ensure students are READING DAILY at home!
*bring WATER and MASK daily
-Students need to keep on studying multiplication math facts.
-Parent conferences on Monday March 8th. Please send us a message on Class Dojo to set up a meeting.
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.
MEADOW PTO SNACK CART ON FRIDAY'S
MARCH LUNCH MENU
Your child's name will be displayed on the day of their birthday. If their special day falls on a weekend their shout out will be displayed on the Friday before. This is open to ALL Meadow students and staff.