Garfield Re-2 News
May 8, 2020
Parents of Garfield Re-2 Seniors. . .
Parents of the class of 2020 have established "Adopt-a-Senior" Facebook pages to honor the classes of 2020 at Rifle High School and Coal Ridge High School.
To ensure that every senior is honored, please ask to join the appropriate group and provide the information for your senior. The administrators will approve you and you will be able to post your information.
Again, these groups have been established by parents and not the schools. They are hoping to honor every senior.
Rifle High School will be having a car parade on May 16 @ 11 a.m. (see graphic below). Additional information released:
- A family member may accompany a student in the vehicle, but must be members of the same household.
- Route information will be released soon.
- Spectators must remain in their vehicles, allowing for congratulations and cheers from open windows.
- Parking for spectators allowed only in locations approved by City of Rifle and RPD.
- There must be no congregating of persons in any location where groupings of 10 cannot be maintained, using physical distancing of 6 feet between individuals.
More information will be released in the coming days! Go Bears!
Coal Ridge High School will be hosting a virtual graduation on Sunday, May 17 at 1 p.m. Watch the Coal Ridge HIgh School FB page and the Coal Ridge High School Web page for the links. This information will be posted by 1 p.m. on Sunday, May 17.
School Board Meeting May 12
You can continue to submit your questions for public audience in advance to email@example.com and they will be addressed at the public comment time on the agenda.
You can watch the school board meeting using the information below. WE WILL BE ATTEMPTING SIMULTANEOUS SPANISH TRANSLATION - PLEASE SHARE.
When: May 12, 2020 05:30 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Garfield Re-2 School Board Meeting May 12
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +12532158782,,81984611997#,,1#,709297# or +13462487799,,81984611997#,,1#,709297#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 436 2866
Webinar ID: 819 8461 1997
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kecHZNrWcu
Check out the COVID Closure meal service's newest customer at CVE. . .
Are you interested in Preschool for your 3 or 4-year-old for the 2020-21 School year?
Families in New Castle, Silt, and Rifle are invited to complete this interest to apply form or click the image below.
State-funded slots are available for eligible children.
GCO SUMMER PROGRAMS
YOUTH CREW | Rocky Mountain Youth Corps (PAID)
APPLY TODAY! - RMYC's summer programs are still on!
Rocky Mountain Youth Corps provides paid leadership and hands-on workforce experience for youth ages 14-18. Participants serve their communities through beautifying, weeding, trail work, restoration, gardening, and other conservation-based projects.
- 2 Week PAID Sessions | June 8 - August 14
- Ages 14-15 | Week 1: M-F 8 am-4 pm; Week 2 Monday 8 am-Friday 4 pm, 24/7 camping
- Ages 16-18 | Two weeks starting on Sunday, ending on second Friday, 24/7 camping
- APPLY HERE: https://www.rockymountainyouthcorps.org/youth-crew-11-18
- FREE to apply and participate for youth living in the communities from New Castle-Parachute!
- Now offering a $50 Referral Bonus! Email for more details!
- Gear and transportation support available
"‘Safer at Home’ in Garfield County" from Garfield County Public Health
Key Information for the Public
Practice social distancing
Stay at home as much as possible.
Practice good hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and don’t touch your face.
Wear a face covering or mask when you leave your home.
Connect with neighbors and loved ones virtually.
Coloradans should stay home as much as possible, leaving only for a limited
number of specific activities.
COVID-19 help hotlines:
Aspen to Parachute COVID-19 community hotline 970-429-6186 (English en Espanol)
Garfield County Public Health call line: 970-945-1377, ext. 8120 (English en Espanol)
CO-HELP 1-877-462-2911 or COHELP@RMPDC.org (multiple languages)
Garfield Re-2 has a compilation of resources from parent support resources, to community resources that may be able to provide assistance, from mental health resources to an archive of communications here.