NFHS COUNSELING NEWSLETTER
SENIORS & all students - Trade & Apprenticeship Opportunities
JUNIORS!! QUESTBRIDGE - College Prep Scholars Program
Applying to college can seem daunting, and the prospect of paying for it can seem even more overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be. The College Prep Scholars Program equips high-achieving high school juniors from low-income backgrounds with the knowledge, confidence, and resources to apply to top colleges.
Why apply as a junior? Being a College Prep Scholar is a notable distinction that shows our college partners that you are a competitive candidate for admission. In addition, your application will automatically carry over for the National College Match when you’re a senior, giving you a head start on applying for a full four-year scholarship to our college partners. College Prep Scholars are over five times more likely than other applicants to receive full four-year scholarships through the National College Match.
GGC Preview Days
The Georgia Gwinnett College Grizzly Family wants to invite you and your students and families to our Spring 2023 Preview Day on Saturday, March 25th from 8:45am to 1pm.
During our Preview Day, we help familiarize yourself with:
· 45+ Academic Programs of Study
· Learn more about our admissions process and requirements*
· Meet 1-on-1 with Admissions and Financial Aid Staff
· Interact with current students, professors, and alumni
· Campus Resource Fair
· Campus and Housing Tours
· Student Organizations
· Enjoy a FREE, BUFFET-STYLED LUNCH with your family in the Grizzly Dining Hall
Interested in Dual Enrollment for the 2023-2024 School Year?
FCS TRADE TALKS
Tuesday, March 21st, 9pm
3410 Ronald Reagan Boulevard
TEST PREP - North Forsyth High School - SAT/ACT Prep through Sycamore Learning
Students can register online at www.PrepForTheFuture.com or by calling 866 223 9691. Students registering online will need to put in their zip code to search for seminars in their area. Please scroll to the bottom of this page and select the North Forsyth High School link at the bottom.
Here is a link for the SAT & ACT registration page.
Register For Seminar - Sycamore Learning (prepforthefuture.com)
North Forsyth High School
ACT Test Prep Seminar:
March 29, 2023
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
April 12, 2023
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Everett James Streit Scholarship - This scholarship will be awarded to one male and one female in the amount of $1000. The applicant must be a graduating senior at NFHS. It is awarded based on the principles that Everett showed in school- Concern, Integrity, Courage, responsibility DUE 3/15/2023
- Joe Dumphy Memorial Golf Scholarship - Joe Dumphy Memorial Gold Scholarship was formed to honor the memory of Joe Dumphy. Joe was an outstanding student and golfer at NFHS who died in a car accident the summer before his sophomore year. The $5000 non-renewable scholarship is awarded to one student each year who plays any level of golf, plans to attend an accredited U.S college or university. The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best exemplifies Joe's approach to life. The ideal candiatate will excel academically, participate in activities that support his or her community, pursue extracurricular interests (with an emphasis on gold), and have demonstrated leadership and solid, faith-based moral character. DUE 3/17/2023
- Forsyth County Lion's Club Need-Based Scholarship - The Forsyth County Lions Club will be awarding a maximum of three $500.00 needs-based academic scholarships to qualified students enrolled in Forsyth County public high schools. DUE 4/1/2023
- CUMMING CIVITAN CLUB JOYCE HAWKINS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FOR OUTSTANDING CITIZENSHIP AND COMMUNITY SERVICE - Top two Seniors demonstrating the applicant’s community service and involvement as well as their ability to build good citizenship within the community. All Seniors are encouraged to apply. DUE 4/1/2023
- Upper Chattahoochee River Soil and Water Conservation District Scholarship - The Upper Chattahoochee River Soil and Water District awards one $1000 scholarship per high school for students pursuing a degree related to preservation. DUE 4/7/2023
So many opportunities due throughout the next month, check them out!