Kingwood Montessori had a wonderful 8th Birthday on September 26, 2015, Thank You!
- Thursday, October 8 - OPEN HOUSE 3-4pm - Students and parents
- Monday, October 12 - First Student Conferences - Student Holiday
- Wednesday, October 14 - WHOLE SCHOOL & GROUP PHOTOS - Whole school photo 9am, class 204 at 9:30am, 206 at 10:15am & 208 at 11:00am.
- Thursday, October 15 - GROUP PHOTOS - class 210 at 9:00am, class 212 at 10:00am and class 214 at 11:00am. Please come to school for these photo sessions even if your child does not normally attend school on a Wednesday or Thursday.
- Friday, October 16 - UN WORLD FOOD DAY - Please help your child to join in the spirit of giving by bringing tins and wrapped goods to the classrooms before Friday, October 16.
- Tuesday, October 20 - Volunteer Coffee - 6:30 - 7:30pm, Starbucks, Northpark Drive. If you have signed up to be a member of the PLG, to be a Room Parent, or to Volunteer in any way, we would like to start the year off right with a Meet and Greet. No pressure just a social occasion.
- Friday, October 30 - "Autumn Bash" - Ask your teacher for your class theme. The Parade will start at 9:00am at the front of the school, we will parade through and around the building twice, and then photos can be taken in the playground. After this, Autumn Bash events will be held in the classroom (please see your class newsletter for details). Dismissal is at 12:00pm. Extended Care will be from 12:00 to 4:00pm.
Monthly Smore Newsletter
We are just about to launch our new website through which you will be able to access photos and news updates throughout the year. Class teachers will send their usual monthly newsletters and calendars. Smore newsletters will now contain general information and updates to keep you fully informed.
Did you miss these events?
Thank you for attending this important event on September 10, we hope that you have gained valuable insights into our school. If you did not attend and did not receive a packet, please pick one up from the office at your convenience.
Parent Forum - "Montessori Math"
Thank you to all parents who attended our first parent forum of the year, we hope that you found it informative. Montessori has many fascinating aspects to it, please take the opportunity to attend our OPEN HOUSE for students and their parents on October 8, students and teachers will answer any questions that you have.
International Day of Peace
We were excited to share our new peace song "Light a candle for Peace," in the playground on September 21. Thank you to the families who shared this peaceful and beautiful moment with us. The children really enjoyed making the 'Cherry Blossom Tree."
The Silent Journey
Thank you to all who attended our Silent Journey on September 25, 2015; it was a truly magical affair. Our master teachers prepared the environment, placing work and written descriptions on the tables and rugs for you to view in silence as you walked through each room from Toddler to Upper Elementary. It is profoundly important to the teachers that the care of the environment and accuracy of the materials is fully understood. We were very touched that many of you left with tears in your eyes, as you reflected on your own schooling experiences. And thank you for those who asked how to donate to our school, and as we continue to grow.