Jack Anderson Elementary
January 19-22, 2021
Monday is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! There will be no school on 1-18-21 as we observe this holiday.
Learning Links to share with your kids about Martin Luther King, Jr.
PBS Learning Media- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
The JAE App Has Been Updated!
Quarantine Information Tab on the JAE Website
Please visit the JAE Website to find information and resources during quarantine.
If a member of your household is Covid positive, your child must quarantine at home for 10 days from the date of a positive test.
Absences due to Covid will be excused with a parent's or doctor's note.
If a student has close contact with a Covid positive individual, the 10-day quarantine period at must be completed.
If a member of your household is Covid positive, please contact Mrs. Sanders or Nurse Amanda Elliott.
- Car riders may enter the building at 8:10.
- Do not park in the front or side parking lots to avoid the carline. Families who purchased "First in Line" spots at the auction are the only ones who can park by the K-1 playground to unload students.
- Please pull as far forward as possible before unloading your students. We have staff members outside in the mornings directing traffic so we can efficiently and effectively unload cars. Mrs. Bradley calculated that we are able to unload approximately 35 students every 2 minutes when the line is running smoothly. That is amazing!
- Per state law, phones should not be in use while driving unless they are hands-free.
- Dismissal begins at 3:40.
- While on campus, drive slowly, carefully and observe your surroundings
- Two lanes form at the edge of the playground. Take advantage of the outside lane. 80% of our car riders live on the other side of Shute Lane.
- If you are in the outside lane, do not turn around in the bus entrance to avoid driving toward Cages Bend Road. You are blocking buses, and you are breaking the rules.
- Between 3:30 and 3:45 a class of students is dismissed from the back of the building. If your child is not dismissed from the back of the building, do not enter the parking area at the back. Please be courteous to the vehicles entering or leaving the back parking area in the afternoons. If you see a vehicle traveling in an unusual direction, but a staff member has waved them through, there is a reason.