The Wolf Weekly
NRHS Principal's Newsletter
Newsletter Week of October 3, 2022
I hope this message finds you doing well and that you enjoyed the weekend.
We have a busy week of learning and extra curricular activities ahead as we enter fully into October and Fall. For NRHS students, we will be having our Activities Fair this Thursday 10/6 during Long Block. This is an opportunity for all students to see the amazing array of clubs and activities our Nashoba students can participate in. Last year's event was a great success and I know this year's will be as well.
Every year we train students and staff in safety protocols and then engage in drills where we practice them. In the coming weeks, we will be teaching students about the ALICE safety protocol for an intruder in the building as well as running a drill to practice this. In addition, we will practice our evacuation drill to our rally point. I will send out notification to parents/guardians following these drills. Safety and security are a top priority for us in the creation of a safe learning environment for our students.
Have a great week!
Dr. Kathleen Boynton, principal
Mark your calendars: NRHS Concerts are Coming!
Come enjoy some fun musical selections at the Nashoba Regional High School in October and November!
NRHS Fall Concerts:
- NRHS Bands will perform on Wednesday, October 26th at 7 pm
- NRHS Choral groups will perform on Wednesday, November 2nd at 7 pm
Admission for the high school concerts is $5 per person (seniors and students are free), payable at the door.
On Sunday, October 30th at 3 pm the Nashoba Symphonic Band will be playing their fall concert, "Brilliant Expositions!" including Bernstein's Suite from "Candide", Shostakovitch's "Festive Overture", and Giannini's "Symphony #3 for Band". NSB concerts are free to the public, but donations are welcome.
NRHS Fall Concerts are held in the NRHS auditorium (12 Green Road, Bolton, MA). These concerts are family friendly...younger musicians are especially encouraged to attend. Come and enjoy music at Nashoba Regional High School!
Flu Clinic at NRHS
Nashoba Regional High School will be hosting a flu clinic and health fair on Oct. 13, 2022 for all community members. Pre-registration is required using the links posted on the Nashoba Associated Boards of health website at https://www.nashoba.org/calendar. If you are unable to attend this evening, other locations and times are on the website.
Flu Clinic FAQ:
- Because there are different vaccine formulations for different age groups, registration links are divided by age group. Please select the link for the correct clinic location and your age group to register.
- Flu clinics are open to the public (ages 6 months and up). Not all clinics will be open to all ages; some will be designated specifically for adults/seniors, so please check the details of the clinic prior to registering. Residents of Nashoba towns can attend any clinic in the region serving their age group.
- When registering, please note: You may see a list of other clinic locations, but only one can be selected- the “Book Here” button for the correct clinic will be purple, while the others will be greyed out.
- People should bring their insurance cards to the clinic.
- No insurance? No problem. A person that does not have insurance may still receive a vaccination.
- There will be high dose flu vaccine available for those age 65 years and older
- We ask anyone feeling sick to stay home
Message from Milan Siano - NRHS Student and Eagle Scout Candidate
SEPAC First Meeting
SEPAC welcomes everyone to the first meeting of the year! Please come meet the new board and learn what is in store for the coming year! Everyone is welcome!
Wednesday, October 5 · 7:00 – 8:30pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/rfi-ynov-psw
Or dial: (US) +1 440-462-3346 PIN: 178 012 281#
Guidance information for Class of 2023
Seniors - NRHS has recently opened as a test location for the November 5th SAT. The capacity is 125 students and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you are a senior who has not finished testing (or would like to re-test), and would like to test at Nashoba, please sign up/login to the College Board ASAP (www.collegeboard.org). If this location fills, please check other locations on the College Board website. Please note that we do not have logins and passwords for your College Board account.
In general, SAT results are released approximately three weeks after the test. Please consider this as to how it affects your college deadline dates.
Let us know if you have any questions and take care,
Nashoba Regional High School
Library Study Hall Sign Ups
Students will sign up for library study hall for the coming week beginning on Sunday evening. Students must sign up in advance, but will be able to do so up until the bell rings for the period to start.