You are cordially invited to
the Edscape Conference
If you're interested in technology integration in education, this is the place for you!
Agenda (from the website)
8:00 am-9:00 am--Sign-In & Breakfast
9:00 am-10:00 am--Introduction & Keynote Speaker
10:10 am-11:00 am--Session I
11:10 am-12:00 pm--Session II
12:00 pm-1:00 pm--Innovation Center
12:00 pm-1:00 pm--Lunch
1:10 pm-2:00 pm--Session III
2:10 pm-3:00 pm--Session IV
3:10 pm-3:30 pm--Closing & Raffle
About The Edscape Conference (from the website)
As the educational landscape changes schools must transform accordingly in order to prepare all learners with the skills, tools, and knowledge to be successful in the 21st Century. This requires a shift in instructional techniques that focus on critical thinking, inquiry, problem-solving, authentic contexts, and technology.
Edscape is a conference intended to bring together passionate educators who firmly believe that innovation is essential to increasing student engagement and achievement. Innovation begins with a desire to change. Edscape will provide attendees with the inspiration, strategies, and the confidence to actively pursue a transformation in teaching and learning practices.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Innovation Now”. We will explore how learning environments can be established to promote critical thought, inquiry, problem solving, and creativity. Attendees will leave with a greater sense of how to authentically engage all learners through meaningful and relevant instruction.
The Edscape Conference will feature presentations and workshops by innovative educators who believe that change is essential to meet the diverse needs of all learners in the 21st Century. They will share best practices, success stories, applicable strategies, and pedagogical techniques that address the following:
- Meaningful, cost-effective professional growth opportunities to improve teaching and learning.
- Effective technology integration as a means to promote student creativity, apply knowledge, and increase engagement in the classroom.
- Design of authentic learning experiences to enhance critical thought, inquiry, problem-solving, and relevancy in the classroom.
- Essential leadership practices to articulate a vision for school improvement and begin the implementation process.
Highlights for Attendees
- Learning about exciting, free Web 2.0 tools
- Hearing from esteemed educators who are innovating now
- Leaving with an array of applicable strategies and ideas to begin the change process
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch
- Networking opportunities
- Sharing of best practices by other school districts, teachers, and administrators
- Opportunity for hands-on experiences with innovative digital tools