Are they really worth it? I don't think so.
Standardized tests are an unfair measure of students’ academic performance and should be changed drastically or abandoned.
Every Child Succeeds Act 2015 President Barack Obama- http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2015/12/07/the-every-student-succeeds-act-explained.html?qs=every+child+succeeds+act
Richard P. Phelps, PhD
- Unfair to some students - poverty, disabilities, non-English speaking
- Standardized testing takes time away from other subjects - PE, art, music
- Standardized testing creates more negative experiences than it benefits
- Testing causes stress - teachers, parents, and students; one test can determine future
- Teachers punished, schools close, students can't continue education
- Pressure to cheat
Standardized Testing Needs Changed
- Adjusted to learning abilities of each student
- Teach creativity and problem solving
- Life skills
Performance on standardized tests should not determine the future of students, schools, or teachers.