5th Grade News!
October 17, 2014 - October 24, 2014
Learning Objectives for the Week of October 20
- Analyze data using bar graphs, stem and leaf plots, and scatterplots.
- Use critical thinking to solve real-world problems.
- Estimate products of whole numbers and decimals.
**We will be taking a DLA (District Learning Assessment - based on skills we have learned this year) on 10/22 and a Multiplication (3 digits x 2 digits including word problems)
- Identify examples of electrical energy
- Discover and evaluate mechanical energy
- Describe and observe force and motion
- Identify historical figures and explain the role of loyalists and patriots during the American Revolution.
- Analyze and make inferences about symbolism in poetry
- Analyze authors' use of rhythm, text features, and structure in poems
**We will be taking a DLA (District Learning Assessment - based on all skills we have learned this year) on 10/23 and a Poetry Devices Quiz on 10/24.
- Write poems using various poetic devices (figurative language, imagery, choice of line breaks and white space, sound effects)
Homework (Due Friday, October 24)
- Multiplying 3 by 2 and multiplying with zeros: Pages 109, 110, 115, and 116
- Choose one item from the NEW menu (see Edmodo and email for this new menu)
- Lonestar Light Reflection/Refraction
News and Information
Come and have a great night of family fun at the Glow Run. Tonight (10/17/14) at 6:30, gather with other TWE students and parents raising money for Mrs. Linder's Memorial Fund.
Read, Deed, Run
Next meeting is October 21 from 3:45-4:45. Please pick your child up at 4:45 at the gym.
5th Grade Team
Willie Manning - WillieRManning@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Longoria - JulieALongoria@KATYISD.ORG
Julie Hernandez - JulieRHernandez@KATYISD.ORG
Nichole Howard - NicholeCHoward@KATYISD.ORG
Jennifer Counter - JenniferTCounter@KATYISD.ORG
Kailey Miller - KaileyMiller@KATYISD.ORG
Abbie Artley - AbigailEArtley@KATYISD.ORG