Quarter 4 Week 5
Fit as a fiddle vocab
Assignment # 1
Let's start this week reviewing some previous concepts and add some new ones !!
1. anaerobic metabolism
4. deep muscles
6. fast-twitch fibers
7. individual sports
9. involuntary muscles
10. lactic acid
14. slow-twitch fibers
15. strength training
16. superficial muscles
17. voluntary muscles
Assignment # 2
1. Define the different types of muscles found in the body.
2. Describe the function and importance of skeletal muscles.
3. List the benefits of strength training.
4. Explain the importance of safety during strength training.
5. Describe a variety of strength training exercises and how to perform them properly.
Assignment # 3
1. Describe what anaerobic exercise is and why it is important in a workout program.
2. List various anaerobic sports.
3. Define the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise.
4. Explain the concept of interval training.
Assignment # 4
1. What are the main differences among smooth, cardiac, and skeletal muscles?
2. Why is strength training so important to add to your workout plan?
3. Why is it important to perform strength training exercises correctly?
4 Give an example of interval training.
5. How can anaerobic exercise affect your overall health?
6. Give an example of an aerobic exercise and an anaerobic exercise.
Assignment # 5
Physical Education Core (S3207165)
Points possible: 25
1. Describe the three different muscles types in the body. (5 points)
2. What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise? Use examples to illustrate the difference. (5 points)
3. Describe three different strength training exercises and the muscle or muscle group they target. Do not choose exercises that target the same muscle or muscle group. (5 points)
4. List three dangers associated with using performance-enhancing drugs. (5 points)
5. For what purpose was karate originally developed? List at least two facts you learned about karate. (5 points)