Instructional Technology Newsletter
May, 2017 - 10th Edition
In the new school year, the newsletter will continue to evolve to promote and engage our audience in conversations and the sharing of ideas! If you have ideas of what you would like to see included, feel free to add your ideas HERE!
As the school year comes to an end, the Instructional Technology Department wishes everyone a safe and techie summer! Be sure to read about some opportunities and ideas for continued growth throughout the summer!
Click HERE to add your response in our Flipgrid - Mini-Grant Moments.
Digital Citizenship Resources
Digital Citizenship should not be a "one and done", but incorporated throughout the year. Here are several resources for doing just that!
InCtrl - a series of free standards-based lessons
Common Sense - comprehensive curriculum is designed to empower students to think critically, behave safely, and participate responsibly in our digital world.
Digital Literacy - schemes of learning for all grades
Quick Tip Videos - playlist of short videos
1st District RESA - Summer Institute Featuring Google for Education
Join the Tribe!
The Google Teacher Tribe Podcast will be a weekly podcast designed to give teachers practical ideas for using G Suite and other Google tools that you can use in your class tomorrow. We will offer our favorite Google tips and tricks, important updates, and effective strategies for K-12 teachers. But wait…there’s more! We will also have interviews with innovative and inspiring teachers.
CONGRATULATIONS to all finishers of Cohort activities in Quarters 1, 2, 3, and/or 4! Who are they? Check out our Wall of Fame and consider joining them by participating and finishing quarterly activities to receive your digital badge and certificate.
SCCPSS Gets Social!
Movers and Shakers in Education - check out these amazing educators for inspiration and innovation!
- ITC Blog - We aim to provide timely and usable information.
- Edutopia - Hosted by the George Lucas Educational Foundation, Edutopia has plenty of well-indexed information on how technology can be used in classrooms.
- Cycles of Learning - Ramsay Musallam recognized how useful hacks could be in classrooms, so he set up Cycles of Learning to share practical education tech hacks to make teachers’ lives just a bit easier. Who doesn't like easier?!
- Participate Learning- Check out all that Participate Learning has to offer educators.
- Learning in Hand - is an educator's resource for mobile and digital learning created by Tony Vincent.
- TeachThought - full of articles for education
Know Your Instructional Technology Coach!
The Instructional Technology Department is responsible for coordinating, organizing, and facilitating the effective use and integration of technology within the schools in order to increase student performance.
Instructional Technology Coaches
Library Media Technology Coach
Deborah Hargroves - Media and Broadcast Trainer (part-time)
Lakeshia Bostick - Media Support Assistant (912) 395-1124