Needed for Spring 2015 Clinical Practice
Dear Amazing Teachers,
- Teacher Candidates have current training in Common Core curriculum and technology and bring this expertise to your classrooms
- Teacher Candidates bring unique ideas and perspectives into the classroom
- An additional teacher in the classroom creates a smaller teacher/student ratio
- Classroom students respond positively to having another teacher
- Teacher Candidates can sub for you, eliminating the time spent doing sub plans
- Teacher Candidates support the class with prep work and lesson planning
- Having a Teacher Candidate helps to sharpen my own saw. I focus on my own classroom teaching skills, become more reflective, and learn the co-teaching approaches to clinical practice.
- It builds collaboration and team spirit
- You receive a stipend
- Spring Semester candidates have already had prior experience
- You can go to the bathroom whenever you want!
The University has a requirement that you attend a one time training to learn the co-teaching approaches to Clinical Practice. This will be held on January 14, 2015 from 4:20-6:40 p.m. at Cal State San Marcos. If you have already attended a training, you are good to go. If not, we can go to the training together, and plan a nice dinner afterward to relax and visit!
If I have persuaded you, and you are interested in becoming a Cooperating Teacher next year, please email me and cc Becky Gauthier by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2014.
**You must be a tenured teacher to participate!
I hope you consider participating this coming spring!