- use commas to separate words and word groups with a series of three or more.
- Use a comma to separate two adjectives when the word and can be inserted between them.
- Use a comma when an -ly adjective is used with other adjectives.
- Use commas before or surrounding the name or title of a person directly addressed.
- Use a comma to separate the day of the month from the year and after the year.
- Use a comma to separate a statement from a question.
- Use a comma when beginning sentences with introductory words such as well, now, or yes.
- Use the comma to separate two sentences if needed.