PLAEA Early Childhood Newsletter
Let's Get This School Year Started!!
September Preschool Resources and Updates
1) NEW Scripted Stories from NCPMI
2) Learning Opportunities
Professional Learning Opportunities are being provided throughout the state. See 2 options below.
The IAEYC Fall Institute is occurring September 30th and October 1st at the Holiday Inn Des Moines--Airport. Pre-conference sessions are also offered on Thursday, September 29th. Registration is open!
The BEST Conference is being held at the Iowa Events Center on October 10th and 11th. Registration is open!
3) New Preschool Resources
Timeline Resource for Iowa Preschool Programs: Checklist created to help you stay on top of preschool gen ed and special ed requirements. For example: deadlines for Teaching Strategies GOLD, IQPPS desk audit, special education timelines etc. We have printed and laminated copies so that you can reuse them every year! Timeline Resource for Preschool Programs
PLAEA Statewide Voluntary Preschool Program Toolbox – resource designed to be a “one stop shop” for all things preschool related. It houses everything from curriculum, assessment, preschool special education – FAQ’s and guidance docs all in one spot. This tool is best used in its electronic version due to all the links made available. SWVPP Toolbox
* All of your Administrators have received hard copies via AEA van mail of the above listed items. They will receive electronic copies on 9-2-22.
** If you would like to order copies of these, please email me and let me know (email@example.com)
4) Looking for learning during the 2022-2023 school year?
Focus areas: Unpacking The Pyramid Model, EC Teachers Huddles and Making Sense of Data In Preschool Programs.
Check out the link below - something for everyone to fit into your schedule!
Additional Preschool Resources
Early Childhood Special Education Supports
ACHIEVE - resources will be updated next month (October)
i3 Websitei3 website is full of information, guidance, resources and procedures. i3 - Iowa IDEA Information - Guidance - Resources - Procedures
Procedural Safeguards Manual
Do you every have a difficult time finding an updated Procedural Safeguards Manual for Parents prior to an IEP meeting? Do you ever need a copy for families in Arabic, Bosnian, Lao, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish or Vietnamese? See the links below for updated Manuals.
Resources Preparing Parents for IEP Meetings
MEET YOUR PLAEA EARLY CHILDHOOD CONSULTANT
Marcie Lentsch - Early Childhood Consultant (Ed Services)
- Supports all Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency school districts that house early childhood programs (3-5 years of age) and SWVPP partner sites (private and faith based preschools).
- Coaching, collaborating, consulting and supporting teachers on evidence-based practices, curriculum, assessment, standards and developmentally appropriate practices.
- Provide professional development and serve as a resource to teachers, administrators and instructional coaches of programs 3-5 years of age.
Are you looking for your PLAEA Early Childhood Special Education Consultant? This resource lists the districts they serve, contact names, and emails.