News From the Nest
Evansdale Weekly Newsletter - February 22nd Edition
One Night Only ... Celebrating the Past and Present
Evansdale Needs Your Feedback ...
Georgia Parent Climate Survey:
Important Pre-K Lottery Information
Parents will be allowed to register for the Pre-K Lottery, March 12-16, 2018, at Evansdale so that time will be afforded to ensure all documents are checked correctly and verified prior to the lottery. The Lottery will be held on Tuesday, March 20th @ 1:15pm (the same time as last year). Specific times and further information will be coming soon.
To complete the application process, the following documentation is required (at the time of application):
- Official Proof of Birth (Birth Certificate, Passport, Hospital Record of Live Birth, Green Card, Pink Card, or Federal I-94 Card)
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- Child's Social Security Number
- Proof of Residency* (Current Gas, Electric, or Water Bill; Signed Lease Agreement; and/or Signed Home Mortgage Contract)
* Note: In the event of co-residency, an Affadavit of Residence must be completed by the parent(s)/legal guardian
If your child is selected for a seat through the lottery, this additional documentation will be required:
- Current Immunization Certificate (GA Form 3231)
- Current Hearing, Vision, Dental, and Nutrition Certificate (GA Form 3300)
- Copy of Social Security Card or Signed Waiver
- Evansdale Registration Packet
To be eligible for the Pre-K Lottery, students must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2018. A prospective student is only eligible to participate in the lottery at the home school that serves the student's address for the 2018-19 school year. Visit www.dekalbschoolsga.org to determine your student's home school.
Georgia Milestones EOG Testing Dates
- 04/10 - ELA Section 1
- 04/11 - ELA Section 1
- 04/12 - ELA Sections 2 & 3
- 04/13 - ELA Sections 2 & 3
- 04/16 - MAKE-UP DAY
- 04/17 - Mathematics Sections 1 & 2
- 04/18 - Mathematics Sections 1 & 2
- 04/19 - Science Sections 1 & 2 (Grades 5 & 8)
- 04/20 - Social Studies Sections 1 & 2 (Grades 5 & 8)
- 04/23 - MAKE-UP DAY
If you have a student in grades 3-5, please try to avoid making appointments on the above testing dates if at all possible.
2018 School Theme Contest
Father-Daughter Dance Photos Available for Purchase
Last Call!! – Submit your photos now...
Get your pictures in the yearbook! The Yearbook Committee invites students and parents to submit photos for the yearbook. If you've got great photos of Evansdale events (Family Fun Night, Eagle Trek, Fantastic Friday, STEM Night, Father Daughter Dance, field trips, class parties, etc.) we want them! Our photographers can't be everywhere. Help us get as many photos as possible to create a terrific, memory-filled yearbook everyone will enjoy. Here's how you can submit photos online:
- Go to https://images.schoolannualonline.com/login
- If it does not automatically log you into the site, enter username: 409883651
- Browse to select the photo(s) you wish to upload
- Enter information about the photo and provide contact information in case the staff needs additional information
- Click “Save Details”
It's that easy. The last day to submit photos is Wednesday - 02/28/2018. Submit yours today!Contact Jennifer Arnberger (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Calling All Eagles ... Hawks Tickets = Money for Evansdale
Let's hoop it up at a Hawks game and make money for Evansdale at the same time! It's 2nd semester and discounted tickets for the 2nd half of the Hawks season are now available. Our school receives $5 for every ticket sold! It's that easy, just click on this link to buy tickets: http://www.nba.com/hawks/SCHOOLASSIST#
Enter both the students name and school name when checking out to receive credit for the purchase!
Students can also earn prizes! For more information on prizes and to order tickets, click on: http://www.nba.com/hawks/schoolassist . Once you're on the website, click the red box that says Fundraising games and buy tickets there. Again, don't forget to enter both the students name and school name when checking out to receive credit for the purchase!
Questions? Email Amy Appleman, PTA Fundraising President
Save the Date to Power Up and Party for a Cause ...
Spring Registration is Now Open for CFC After School Soccer
- Meeting Dates: March 6, 13, 20, 27, April, 10, 17, 24, May 1 2:30-3:45pm at Evansdale
- Field Fee: $100.00 (includes snack).
- Players should come dressed to play with tennis shoes or cleats and must have shin guards
Registration Link: http://www.chiefsfc.org/Default.aspx?tabid=253146
All of Chiefs FC After School Soccer staff have played in college or professionally and are USSF licensed. If you would like more information on any Chiefs FC Programs, After School Clubs or leagues, please contact Neil McNab Jr at email@example.com.
Register online by logging in at www.chiefsfc.org
NOTE: Please do NOT turn form and fee in to the school!
Chess Club at Evansdale
Coach Rodney Lewis and Championship Chess present a systematic, fun way to build chess skills during chess instruction and while students play. Studies show that chess improves math, reading and problem solving and our methods connect these academic benefits to our classes.
- · Day and Time: Fridays after school from 2:25 pm to 3:25pm. Pre-Registration required. Cost is $140
- · Dates: Spring session February 23 to May 4. No chess: April 6. Make up class for recent snow day is Feb 16
- · Parents need to record dates. Chess club will start as scheduled unless you receive a notification.
- · Who Can Play: There can be 2 groups: An advanced group open to all students who know how to play and a beginner group for non-players. There must be at least 10 registered in each group.
- REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DEADLINE
- EARLY registration cost by midnight, February 20: Online cost is $140 per child for this session.
- LATE registration from February 21: A $15 late fee is automatically added to your online registration.
- Payment ONLINE : Go to www.championshipchess.net
- Select: Register for School Clubs, follow the steps to complete the form to submit payment. Automatic 15% discount for each additional sibling.
- Family: World of Chess Achievement Cards Registered families have full access to our Championship Chess Website and World of Chess Game play. Once you’ve signed in at www.championshipchess.net be sure to click “GameSetup” so your child can travel through our Chess World from Powerful Pawns to Kickin’ Kings and compete for Achievement Cards. Cards will be awarded during club each week.
Chess contact: Coach Rodney 770-560-1071 firstname.lastname@example.org
Save The Date(s) ...
02/23 PTA Teacher Appreciation Lunch, Hosted by First Grade
02/27 General PTA Meeting, 6 p.m.
02/27 Black History Program, 6:30 p.m.
02/28 AR 65% Cut Off
02/28 2nd Grade Field Trip to Civil Rights Museum
03/06 Lakeside Choral Cluster Festival
03/06 School Council Meeting, 5 p.m.
03/06 PTA Board Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
03/08 AR Blue Award Day
03/09 3rd Grade Field Trip to Chattahoochee Nature Center
03/12-03/16 PreK Lottery Registration, Times TBA
03/12-03/16 PTA Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week
03/13-03/16 5th Grade Trip to Rock Eagle
03/15 PTA Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
03/19-03/23 International Week
03/19-03/23 PTA Book Fair
03/20 PreK Lottery
03/22 PTA International Night, 6:30 p.m.
03/23 Evansdale Foundation Fundraiser at Vista Room (Details Coming Soon)
03/24 Run for Fun, 5K and 1K, 8 a.m.
03/28 Parent Teacher Conferences
03/30 80% AR Cut Off
03/30 Career Day
Lakeside Cluster News and Happenings ....
Make Plans to Attend 51st Annual Miss Lakeside Next Weekend!
BRING IT ON: THE MUSICAL
Henderson Middle School Foundation Annual Campaign, March 5–23 – please help your future school
Help your child’s future school by making a donation to the HMS Foundation! The foundation’s goal is to provide educational resources to the school, to enrich the school’s academic and cultural offerings. Because of the foundation, HMS has been working towards becoming a STEM school - and we are making progress toward that goal! This year, HMS has one STEM team in 7th and 8th grades, and they have been a great success. Next year STEM will go school wide so your child can benefit in 6th grade!
But it’s not just about STEM. We have supported teacher resources, equipment, training, student activities together with PTSA, and are currently funding a bilingual liaison to help fill the gap left by having an interpreter only part time.
This means that donations made today will go to programs that directly impact your rising elementary student. Your participation will help ensure the HMS Foundation can continue supporting the school. Remember – a strong school makes for a strong neighborhood.
How to donate: Please visit the website http://www.hmsfoundation.org/donate-now.html to make a donation online or for information how to donate by check. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.