Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
December 7, 2015
Mrs. Muegge's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsMueggeTCE
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
December 18th Market Day (see below)
December 18th Holiday Party
December 21-Jan 4 Holiday Break
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 4 Art
- Tuesday- Day 5 PE
- Wednesday- Day 6 Music
- Thursday- Day 1 Art
- Friday- Day 2 PE
What's Happening in Mrs. Muegge's Class
Social Studies- Economy- Market Day
Our Economy Unit is in full swing!!
We are in the process of writing a business plan as we learn about the key aspects of our economy.
Remember that your child will be making a good to sell or providing a service. Please ask your child for a materials list for the item they will be making. If you can provide the materials for this activity we would truly appreciate it. If there are things you cannot provide we will send home a wish list to see if other families might already have some of the supplies. We would like to have all materials at school by Thursday, December 10th so we can make a prototype to use in our advertising. We will begin production as soon as we have our materials.
If you are interested in helping us with production during the week of December 14th please let me know and we will work out a time for you to come. We really appreciate your support!!
Hour of Code- December 7-11
- We will continue our small reading groups. Ask your child what book we are reading in our small group. When our small groups wrap up the students will begin a new novel in a small group
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue looking at main idea and details. We will also begin looking at non-fiction text features.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We have begun our unit on long division. This is a hard concept for a lot of kiddos and it takes lots of practice. Please keep encouraging your child and reiterating the importance of knowing their multiplication facts.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will continue to solve real world problems using many different strategies that we have learned through exploration and through watching others.
- We have finished our Realistic Fiction pieces. :) WOOHOO!!
- We will begin looking at and writing opinion and persuasive pieces. We will write a persuasive advertisement for our business for Market Day.
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.