What's up in 2D!
Weekly happenings in the life of a second grader
Lunch Room Helpers!
December 19th- Student Winter Party- more information coming soon!
December 20th- Early dismissal at 12:30!
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put downs!
3. We will use good manners saying, "please," "thank you," and "excuse me," and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to SUCCESS!
5. We will help one another whenever possible!
6. We will recognize every effort and applaud it!
7. We will encourage each other to do our best!
8. We will practice virtuous living using the life principles!
Talli, Benny & Harrison!
This past week Talli was nominated to take home Benny! It looks like Benny got to enjoy some fun with Harrison as well!
So proud of the way they balanced a triangle using counterweights!
Liberty practicing how to balance a crayfish on it's nose!
The Life Principles
2. Effort -doing one's best in an endeavor. Ask your learner if they are giving their best effort at school!
3. Compassion: ability to share another's feelings or ideas.
4. Respect - paying proper attention or showing consideration to others.
5. Common Sense- thinking before acting, using good judgement.
6. Self- Discipline- the ability to choose and control one's own actions.
7. Friendship- caring for and trusting others
You are a genius and the world needs your contribution!
Here's what we need to KNOW!
Math: The second grade team is starting a math focus group. We will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30-2:00. Each teacher will take a group of students and work with them on number sense. Students need to be able to add and subtract two digit numbers WITH AND WITHOUT regrouping! Quiz your learner to see how they are doing. They should also know their math facts with fluency to 18 (9+9=18)
Science: This week we will begin to explore a unit of motion. Keep a look out for a flyer with more information on how you can support this learning
Language Arts: We are beginning an author study on Jan Brett! If you have any Jan Brett books at home, and don't mind sharing, we would love to have some extras in class. She is a wonderful author who will teach us a lot in reading and writing.
Social Studies: We are beginning a unit on Winter Holidays. Students will choose which groups they would like to be in as we research the customs and cultures of these different celebrations. The holiday's we will be researching are Diwali, Hanukkah, Christmas and Kwanzaa. If your family celebrates another winter holiday that is not listed please send some information about the celebration and we will add it to our list to research.
- colored copy paper
- 1 set of earbuds