Friday, December 17th, 2021 (Next Update: Fri. 1/7/22!)
Upcoming Dates to Note:
- Mon. 12/20 and Tues. 12/21: School In Session
- Tues. 12/21: Holiday Parties in Classrooms, Holiday Movie Celebration
- Weds. 12/22 - Mon. 1/3: Winter Break - NO SCHOOL
- Tues. 1/4: School Resumes
- Thurs. 1/13: PTO Virtual Meeting
- Mon. 1/17: No School - MLK Day
- Mon. 1/24 - Fri. 1/28: MAP Testing, Grades 2-5 (Make-ups week following)
School Safety Updates
- Please follow all traffic signs and guidance around our school, especially at arrival and dismissal; Howard Ave is one way at pick-up and drop-off, and cars MAY NOT proceed around the signage.
- Please note that ALL adults must enter our building by checking in with Mrs. Blum in the front office; while all external doors are locked and closed, occasionally someone will attempt to gain entry through another door -- we route ALL through the main office for safety.
- Please be mindful of using your cell phone while driving in/around our community as our students walk to/from school.
- Please continue to practice our Covid safety protocols, referring to our Flowchart (at the end of this newsletter weekly) as you consider whether or not your child should come to school. When it doubt, reach out to our nursing team and/or the front office. It's all of our efforts, together, that keep us safe and sound.
Toy Drive Update
You can see by the amount of ornaments earned on the Giving Tree the extent of the Field Park generosity: we were able to donate 139 gifts! Huge thanks to our kids and families for this effort.
Vaccination Reminders: from Dr. Barnhart's Weekly Update
Vaccinated individuals do not have to quarantine following Close Contact unless they are also symptomatic. If they are deemed to be in Close Contact AND they are symptomatic, individuals may return to school following quarantine or after producing a negative COVID PCR test from an outside provider. Parents may still upload their child’s vaccination card using this LINK.
Holiday Shop Success!
REMINDERS (Repeated from Prior Updates)
District 101 is hiring Part-Time and Full Time Teaching Assistants!
- If you are interested in working in a fantastic environment with students and know that you have the correct license, please apply directly by completing an application: District 101 Applications
- If you are not sure what you would need to do to become a teaching assistant and would like more information, please review these details: TA/Sub Requirements
- If you would like to explore a little bit more about the position and the next steps in the hiring process, please contact Dr. Julie Fredericks, Director of Student Services at (708) 485-2850 or firstname.lastname@example.org.