an Update from Dr. Barbara A. Russell 11/17/21
Greetings PV Families,
This week, we celebrate American Education! Every year, during this time in November, we recognize public schools and the valuable role they play in the lives of students and our communities. We honor the teachers, professionals, administrators, paraprofessionals, support staff, technology team, and school directors who work tirelessly to provide every child a quality education. We also pay tribute to our families for their partnership and support. Plus, all of our behind-the-scenes staff who work endlessly (literally around the clock) to prepare our facilities, feed our students, and keep us safe among other tasks. Shout out to our maintenance, custodial, and food service staff, security personnel, and transportation team! Working together, we make a difference for our students!
Typically, during American Education Week, which marks its 100th anniversary this year, we offer the opportunity for parents to visit our classrooms during the school day. While we did not offer the opportunity this year, we look forward to engaging with our parents in this way once again in Nov. 2022.
Next week, there is no school for students. On Monday and Tuesday, we will hold parent-teacher conferences and look forward to conversations about your child’s progress. Schools will be closed the remainder of the week in honor of the Thanksgiving holiday.
In closing, I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. We have much to be grateful for!
Dr. Barbara A. Russell
In recent weeks, there have been several decisions made at the State level regarding masking requirements in schools. Here is a summary of what has occurred and where we are currently:
- On August 31, Acting Secretary of the PA Department of Health (PADOH), Alison Beam, implemented an order mandating the wearing of masks indoors in all public and private school settings, as of September 7.
- On November 10, the Commonwealth Court ruled in favor of petitioners who filed a petition against the order. The order was found to be unlawful.
- On November 10, an appeal to the Commonwealth Court’s decision was filed by the Acting Secretary, triggering the automatic stay allowing the masking order to remain in effect throughout the appeal process.
- On November 16, the Commonwealth Court entered an order holding that the automatic stay will be lifted on December 4, 2021.
The dates below reflect anticipated events based on our current knowledge:
- In response to the series of legal decisions, the masking order of September 7 remains in effect until at least December 4. At which time masking decisions shift back to local control unless Governor Wolf pursues the emergency rulemaking procedure. If he does, the masking order will remain in effect until the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decides the issue and the regulatory period process takes place, or until January 17, 2022, when Governor Wolf has stated he will rescind the PADOH Masking Order. It will then once again become a local decision to decide the requirements for masking when indoors in any of the District’s schools.
- By November 22, Districts should learn whether the mask mandate will extend beyond December 4.
Needless to say, this is an ever-evolving situation. We will do our best to keep you informed as the situation continues to develop.
Parent~Teacher Conferences - Schedule via ParentVUE
View Instructions for how to schedule a conference are located here for assistance.
Parent/teacher conferences are onsite and in-person unless otherwise requested. Please reach out to your teacher directly to specify the desire to have a virtual conference after scheduling your time.
If you do not yet have a ParentVUE account, you will need to create one in order to access the conference scheduling module. To set up your account, please contact the email@example.com.
PV Power Packs Holiday Shop
Perkiomen Valley School District is proud to support our families in need. This season, we are excited to announce the PV Power Packs Holiday Shop! The PV Power Packs Holiday Shop, run by community volunteers, will be open from November 29th through December 2nd from 3:30 – 7:30 pm in the Middle School East Auditorium.
FAMILIES IN NEED- If you are a parent or guardian of an in-district student (a student attending a PVSD school) and in need of assistance this holiday season, you may visit the store during the times above to shop for your student(s) and any younger siblings.
DONATIONS - This event would not be possible without the generosity of our community! We will be accepting donations through November 23. See link below for details. Toys, gift cards, bath & body products for men & women, arts and crafts, adult sized hoodies and more are being collected to support the PV Power Packs Holiday Shop.
If you need to drop off the week of Thanksgiving, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. To learn more about donations or shopping at the Power Packs Holiday Shop click here: Power Packs Holiday Shop
Call for Guest Teachers!
Registration Open for Winter Swim Lessons
In addition to group swim lessons for ages 3+, we are pleased to offer parent/child lessons for ages 6 months - 3 years, private lessons, competitive diving, and small group water polo instruction. Lessons are scheduled to be held on Saturdays, January 15 - March 12, 2022 (no lessons February 12). Online registration is required. For additional information, and to register, please visit the Community Education webstore.
COVID-19 Dashboard - Updates
Student Vaccination Clinic - Second Dose
The clinic will be held on Monday, November 29 from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at Skippack Elementary. To sign your child(ren) up to receive their second dose as part of this clinic, please click on the link below.
Second Dose Registration Link for Families: https://hipaa.jotform.com/ SkippackPharmacy/PV-Kids- Second-Dose
Volunteer (if Staff or Board members) are interested): Skippack Pharmacy: Nov 29th Skippack 2nd Dose KID COVID-19 Vaccines (signupgenius.com)
Save the Dates!
Wednesday, November 17: Wellness Committee Meeting @7pm
Thursday, November 18: Safety & Operations Committee Meeting @7pm
Monday, November 22- Tuesday, November 23: Parent Teacher Conferences (No school for students)
Wednesday, November 24 - Friday, November 26: Thanksgiving Holiday
Having Tech Issues? See Below for Details
- Chromebook malfunctions/damages: Email the email@example.com
- Forgotten student passwords: Go to https://accounts.pvsd.org
- FAQs about Chromebooks can be found on our website
21-22 v11 11/17/21