Ranger News, Week of February 10, 2020
From The Principal
Raymond Park is celebrating the contributions of African Americans during Black History Month! In addition to sundry classroom activities, CORE Connect classes school-wide are paying tribute to African American contributions through door and hallway decorations, and a daily focus of a key figure is provided during the morning greeting - Carter G. Woodson, Malcolm X, and Muhammad Ali were among those highlighted during the past week.
The RP Student Council is promoting that love be in the air at the Park for Valentine's week by sponsoring a "Crush" fundraiser. For $1.00 students can buy a can of Crush soda at lunch to show how much they care - students can send some love to a friend, admiration to a peer, and appreciation to a teacher! Council members will be selling sodas during lunch periods while supplies last Tuesday - Friday.
School Safety & Security Reminders
Raymond Park conducts safety drills with the support of Warren Police at various times of the day and throughout the year to ensure that students and staff are prepared for unexpected events that may arise during the school day.
- Periodic severe weather drills and lockdown drills, along with monthly fire drills, are conducted to ensure students and staff have time to practice the procedures associated with each situation.
- Periodic bus evacuation drills are conducted on campus to allow students to practice and prepare for bus emergencies. Periodic bus scans are conducted with the support of Warren Police to ensure that materials being brought on campus are school appropriate.
Also connected to safety, parking lot speed and courtesy have been of concern in relation to the safety of our Ranger extracurricular participants. A detailed plan for student drop-off and pick-up is included weekly in this Ranger Newsletter (below). Thank you for adhering to the process for extended pick-up times during the evening hours as well. Everyone's cooperative efforts are needed in keeping our kids safe!
Finally, RP continues to gauge interest for a potential snow skiing trip to Perfect North Slopes (Lawrenceburg, IN) for students and families this Saturday, February 15. The cost of $75 (per person) would cover ski or snowboard rental, lift ticket, tubing ticket, $10 food card and transportation. The trip is open to RP students and family members. The bus would tentatively be scheduled to leave at 7:30am and return by 7:30pm. Weather conditions and enough interest to receive the group discount are prime considerations for the trip. Please contact Dr. Kleine at email@example.com if you are interested in your student(s) and/or family attending. A decision for the trip will be made this Tuesday and communicated to those that have shown interest.
RPI&MS 5th -8th grade 19-20 Yearbooks on sale now!
Order your 5th -8th grade combined RPI&MS yearbook today!!!
You can order online at ybpay.lifetouch.com - yearbook ID code is 10818420
You can also order by sending in a check made payable to Lifetouch.
A basic paperback yearbook costs $20 and is only a $5 charge to add a hardcover!
Please see Mrs. Simala or Mr. Brooks with your yearbook questions.
Morning Student Arrival Information
As the weather becomes increasingly colder, it is important to review our morning drop-off procedures. Recently, we have had a large number of students on campus prior to 8:30 a.m. This presents a safety concern as those students are standing outside in frigid temperatures and are left unsupervised.
- Students are not able to enter the building until 8:30 a.m. This is the earliest we can guarantee appropriate adult supervision.
- Students should NOT be dropped off prior to 8:30 a.m. each day; if they are, they will be standing in cold temperatures until staff supervision arrives and students are let in to the cafeteria.
- Given that school begins at 8:55 a.m. for 5th and 6th grade students and 9:02 a.m. for 7th and 8th grade students, the school is allowing families an additional 25-30 minutes of time for their student to be supervised by inviting students in the building at 8:30 a.m.
- Please use this information and follow the Car Line Procedures (below) to create the car-rider line safety for morning and afternoon travel.
- Please also follow the instructions of all staff members outdoors as they direct and supervise parking lot and drop-off line areas.
The safety and supervision of your student and our staff is always our top priority - we ask for you support in helping us with these efforts.
From the Office of Exceptional Learners:
If your student needs Math or Science homework assistance, they can call AskRose. Please see information below:
Tutors are available by phone Sunday - Thursday, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm (ET) at:
RPI&MS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, Warren Homefest, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, open gym nights, family bingo night, field trip fundraisers, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, grade level fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights. We have over 400 members this year! Join us!!
Congratulations to our 5th grade students and staff for winning our PTSA membership contest this year!
Please contact our PTSA for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 5th Grade Level Administrator
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. April Price - 6th Grade Level Administrator
Ms. Katie Piatt - 6th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin - 7th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Iris Parrish -7th Grade Counselor
Dr. Leondra Radford - 8th Grade Level Administrator
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application email@example.com or 317-532-8900 X8910.