Fabick's Friday Flash
Classroom Update for Room 107
Dates to Remember
Monday, November 18th Reports Card distributed
Wednesday, November 20th - Comma Quiz
Thursday, November 21st - Unit 3 Math Assessment
Pajama Day; Town Hall Meeting 10:30AM
Monday, November 25th – Parent Conferences (4:30PM – 8:00PM)
Tuesday, November 26th – Early Dismissal (11:55AM);
Parent Conferences (12:30PM – 3:30PM)
Wednesday, November 27th - No school
Thursday, November 28th - Thanksgiving
Friday, November 29th – No School
Homework - Week of November 18th
Read for at least 60 minutes.
Spelling: Unit 10 due Friday (p. 63, 64, 66, 67)
Math: Home Links 3-8 and 3-9. Unit 3 test on Thursday.
Language Arts: Comma Quiz on Wednesdayday
Comma Study Guide
A comma is used
- to seperate the city and the state. (Doylestown, PA)
- to seperate the day from the year in a date. (July 4, 1776)
- in a series or list. (He likes candy, ice cream, and popcorn.)
- to seperate a list of adjectives describing the same word. (The big, bad, ugly wolf.)
Math Unit 3 Study Guide
Skills to know for Unit 3 Math Assessment:
- Finding the area and perimeter of a polygon.
- Drawing a polygon and finding its perimeter and/or area.
- Measuring to the nearest 1/2 and 1/4 inch.
- Measring to the nearest centimeter.
- Determining the best unit of measure (feet, yard, inches, centimeters) for given objects (height of a door, length of a pencil case, etc.)