News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - May 4th
Tomorrow is a very special day at Holy Rosary. We are celebrating three Baptisms at the 9 am mass, as well as May Crowning for the Blessed Mother. Anderson Smith, Flynn Gilbert, and Lucy Puryear will receive their Baptism. Students will be processing forward at the beginning of Mass, however, with flowers to honor the Blessed Mother for the month of May (her special month!). Please join us for this very special event. Also, please pray for our students receiving both Baptism and First Holy Communion this week:
Baptism (May 5th at 9 am Mass at Holy Rosary Church) -
First Holy Communion (May 7th at 5 pm at Holy Rosary Church) -
Bella De Mesa
Brissa Del Cid
Sheariah Wellington also received her First Holy Communion at St. Theresa Catholic Church in Federal Way - Congrats!!
Please attend these special events, if you can. Have a great week and please pray for a successful Gala on Saturday night!
Have a great week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Thursday - All School Mass at 9:00 am. Baptisms and May Crowning will occur at this special event.
- Special Assembly in honor of Staff Appreciation Week...1:45 pm in the auditorium (Thank you Parent Service Club!!)
- Saturday - First Holy Communion Mass at 5 pm. Join us!!
- Saturday - Celebración Gala at 6 pm in the school auditorium.
Holy Rosary: A Fantastic School of Fun...from Dia de los Niños to Environmental Education Camp!
Development News: Gala 2016!!
Development News: Gala 2016!
Our annual Gala fundraising dinner is right around the corner on May 7th. Last week, we sent out a flyer and information sheet about purchasing Gala tickets. If you are not able to attend but are able to donate, please access the link on our web page (hrrsjda.org), click on the “Donate Now” button and select “Tuition Assistance” from the drop-down menu under “Campaign.” ALL donations to tuition assistance will be DOUBLED by some special donors. No donation is too small. Please support this worthy cause. This event, which is our largest fundraiser, makes the gift of Catholic education accessible to all who seek it. If you need additional information, please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Opportunities Gala:
If you are still looking for volunteer hours, we have opportunities for you with the upcoming Gala on May 7th. We would love help getting ready for this event. Please let us know if you can assist with decoration/event set-up on Thursday evening May 5th, Friday May 6th during the day, and Saturday, May 7th the day of the event. Sign up now at VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/QjH8mD to assist on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday during the day. It is easy to do!!
We would also like to put together a group to do post event clean-up on Saturday night starting at 9:30 pm, May 7th in an effort to avoid cleaning up on Sunday (since it is Mother’s Day). The more hands, the quicker it will be complete. Sign up for Saturday evening at: http://vols.pt/deejDL
Thanks for your willingness to help make this event a success. Thanks to all of the families that have already signed up to assist.
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
Thank You to:
- Shannon and Bryan Hopkins and their crew for all of their work on the Spring Fling. What a fantastic night!!
- Lisa Hepfer...our Amazing Photographer from the Spring Fling!
- The Parent Service Club (and all the parent supporters) for a fantastic week of Staff Appreciation events. Thank you Amanda, Colleen, Shanan, Gloria, Rosalind, Florian, and Ralph. You are awesome!!
- The amazing parents who came to cover recess and lunch duty on Tuesday so that the teachers could have a much needed break!!
- Veronica and the La Fondita (Proctor) Family, for providing an outstanding meal for the staff on Tuesday!
- Gala set-up and clean-up. Sign up via the links above. We especially need helpers after the Gala on Saturday night (for clean-up).
Curriculum Corner: JDA Testing
- Those who are receiving their Baptism and First Holy Communion this week.
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
- Those who are home-bound.
- All who are homeless in our community and throughout the world.