Installing Office 365 & Office 2016
January 19, 2016
Office 365 Install for Teacher and Administrative Computers
Accounts for Office 365 has been activated for all GCCISD staff, however, your desktop and laptop computers are still running Office 2013. Please follow the process below to uninstall Office 2013 and Install Office 365 and Office 2016. The Software Center contains the update so you should have no problem installing it. The enire process will take about 20 to 30 minutes, during which time you will not have access to Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
This process should be run on teacher and administrative computers only. Do not run on student or lab computers at this time. If you have questions at any time during this process, please contact your Campus Technology Specialist.
Step 2: Install Office 365
- Check 'Remove Office 2013 and Install Office 2016 64 Bit'
- Click 'Install' in the bottom right corner
- When the installation is complete, close window with the X in the top right corner
Step 3: The 'Installation Progress' window will appear
- The entire process will take 20 to 30 minutes
- The Installation Progress window will close when the process is complete
Step 5: Activate Office
- Type your email address using email@example.com
- Click 'Next'
What happens when I get this notification while trying to check email?
When you change you password, you must updat your Outlook secutity Window.