ILTexas Garland K-8
Principal Esquivel Newsletter
Hello IL Texas Families
Hello ILTexas Families,
We are inching closer and closer to the start of the 21-22 school year. Next week, teachers return to the campus from a well-deserved summer break. Our planning for the year will include Meet the Teacher events, Coffee with the Teachers, and Curriculum Night with the Grade-level Administrators (GLAs). Be on the look out for calls and emails form the school to share information and a simple welcome back.
We continue to prepare for the arrival of all 1416 students on campus for in-person instruction. We know there are some unanswered questions as we await continued direction, but we will work to communicate any updates as we are informed.
Please be sure to complete the Year to Year Registration (Y2Y) in your Skyward Family Access account to view student attendance, grades, report cards, etc. Y2Y Registration also is the opportunity for families to update contact and emergency information which is critical in our communication to throughout the school year. Families who have Y2Y Registration completed by August 11 will receive a free dress day pass for their students. Confirmed free dress for confirmed students will take place on Friday, August 20, 2021.
I look forward to seeing all Eagles in the near future and hope everyone is staying safe. Soar Eagles!
Year to Year Regestration Message
Year to Year Registration Message
We are excited for the opportunity to serve you for the 2021-2022 school year. Our Year to Year Registration is now available for parents and guardians. Year to Year Registration is a function in Skyward Family Access that will allow new to our district and returning families the ability to update registration information as well as view student attendance, demographics, grades, emergency information, report cards, and more throughout the school year. Each authorized parent or legal guardian is provided with his/her unique login and password for Skyward Family Access. You only need one login to access all of your students. The login that is assigned will remain active throughout all of the years that you have a student enrolled in ILTexas.
With Skyward Family Access you may now confirm your Year to Year Registration by verifying your contact information and acknowledging required documents such as but not limited to Student/Parent Handbook Acknowledgement Form, Acceptable Use Agreement, Health Information Form and Chromebook Agreement Form. All families will need to completed this process during the Year to Year Registration window beginning July 15 through September 24.
Log in to Skyward Family Access and click on the Year to Year Registration link in the upper left-hand corner to begin the process. Please be sure to verify that your contact phone number and e-mail address is correct. If there is any information that needs to be changed go to Student Info and click on “Request Change(s) to My Child’s Information” at the top right of the screen, enter your changes and then click on “Save”. Your changes will be electronically submitted to the office for approval. Your student’s school office may be contacting you if additional information is required to complete your request. Please note that you cannot change your residential address through Family Access. You MUST visit your student's school and show appropriate proof of residency.
We are very excited about Family Access and how it will help you stay informed about your student’s progress. We hope that we can use this tool to create a stronger relationship between parents and our school community.
School Important Information
- Elementary School hours 7:45 am to 3:30 pm.
- Middle School hours 8:15 am to 4:00 pm.
- Front office hours are 7:30 AM to 3:00 PM. Moreover, visitors will be required to take a temperature check when entering the building. Families can also communicate with front office through our intercom or phone service.
- If you need to pick up your student early, please do so before 3:00 pm. Our front office prepares for Driveline dismissal duties at 3:00 pm and will not be available to assist in calling your student to the front.
- We will be working with Champions afterschool program this year. See Champions flyer below.
Each student in grades K-5 will receive either a red or green Driveline placard. The color of the assigned placard will determine your student's pick-up location.
Placards will be distributed during Meet the Teacher event.
ILTexas Student Handbook
- Specific information about school uniforms can be found at https://www.iltexasdistrict.org/uniforms.
- Uniform logos can only be purchased through MySchoolBucks this year at https://www.iltexas.org/my-school-bucks.
- Once the logo(s) is/are purchased in MySchoolBucks, the logos will be delivered to families along with Driveline placards during Meet the Teacher events. Please be advised that we have a limited supply of logos.
- Deadline to purchase logos in MySchoolBucks is July 30 in order to be sorted and prepared for delivery during upcoming Meet the Teacher events.
- We will reopen ordering logos on MySchoolBucks on August 13. All orders will be delivered to the students in the classroom.