Smoke Signals: Staff Edition
April 30-May 4
Calendar events for the week...
EOY DRA/Istation/Education Galaxy Testing Window
- Safety Patrol Training begins
- 5th grade STAAR Accelerated instruction begins
- Junior High Counselors come to talk with 5th graders about course selection.
- EOY Awards list available for teachers to start inputting information
- Pink & Blue Cards will be placed in boxes
- 8:30 - 5th grade Science DCA data meeting
- 10:30 - 3rd grade ELAR DCA data meeting
- 11:00 - Brown Bag Lunch - Burkhalter off campus
- 6:00 pm - Howard and Finley Preview Nights
- 12:00 - PIE Luncheon, Burkhalter and Stifle off campus
- 3:30 - Grade Level Leader meeting
- 2nd grade Math DCA
- 1st grade field trip to HEB/CNB/Chapman park
- 6:00 pm - Parent Training: Junior High Scheduling Q&A with Mrs. Taylor
- Volunteer breakfast
- 11:00 - Parent Brown Bag Lunch - Meet Mr. Andrews
- No Homework Night
Spring Events...Mark your calendars! *new dates in bold
5/7-11 - Teacher Appreciation Week
5/7 -11 - 3rd Grade Luau Week
5/10 - 5:00 - 7:00 - Meet the Tribe Night
5/11 - 1:50 STAAR Rally
5/11 - Teacher Appreciation - Lunch catered from Olive Garden, Chair Massages for all staff members.
5/11 - Muffins with Moms
5/14 - STAAR 3 & 4 Math, 5 Math Retest
5/15 - STAAR 3 & 4 Reading, 5 Reading Retest
5/16 - STAAR 5 Science
5/17 - Peer Mediation Training for 4th graders
5/18 - End of year party/field day
5/21 - Seniors Serve Day
5/21 - College and Career Day
5/22 - Duke Tip Breakfast
5/22 - 5th grade Talent Show
5/22- 6:30 - Kindergarten Program
5/23 - 8:30 - 1st grade awards; 9:30 - 2nd grade awards
5/24 - 8:30 - 3rd grade awards; 9:30 - 4th grade awards
5/24 - Brave Rally - Glow Dance Party
5/25 - 8:15 - 5th grade Elephant Walk, 8:30 5th grade awards
5/25 - Early Release, Last day of school
5/28 - Memorial Day, Staff & Student Holiday
5/29 - 31 - Professional Development, student holidays
6/5 - Staff can start accruing PD/Flex hours for 2018-19
6/5 - May 5th grade retest scores will be available
6/13 - 3rd, 4th grade Reading & Math, 5th Science scores will be available
6/14 - Last day for office staff
Week of 6/25 - STAAR, 3rd Administration
Safety Patrol Sign Ups
4th graders who are interested in joining the safety patrol will receive an application on April 23. They must return the application by Friday, April 27. Safety Patrol training will begin on April 30.
Please send questions to email@example.com.
Library - End of Year
Week of April 30 - Open for Checkout
Week of May 7 - Open for Checkout
May 11 - Last day to check out
May 17 - All books due back to the library
Please see Mrs. Gonzalez to address any special needs or concerns.
Meet the Tribe Night
Required Attendees: kindergarten teachers, grade level leaders, office staff
We will have an open house for incoming kindergarteners and rezoned families this evening. They will be able to tour the campus and pick up some information about Shackelford.
Please add this date to your parent newsletters!
End of Year Awards and Pink & Blue Cards
Pink & Blue cards will also be sent out on May 1. These will be due on May 29 during the RTI/Class creation meeting.
Spring Testing Dates
May 14 - 3rd & 4th grade math, 5th grade math retest
May 15 - 3rd & 4th grade reading, 5th grade reading retest
May 16 - 5th grade science