Ms. Higgins' Classroom Newsletter
Message from Ms. Higgins
Thank you for making our Valentine's Day Party a Success!
The 100th Day of School will take place on Wednesday, February 17th.
There are still spots available if anyone would like to sign up to help with centers!
Enjoy the long weekend :)
Click the link to be directed to our class Twitter account! Don't have an account? Sign Up! Search for Ms. Higgins or @Mshiggskinder
This Week In Kindergarten...
Writers' Workshop-Book Reviews
We published our Book Reviews! Look at some pictures of us sharing our Book Reviews with 5th grade below!
Students continue to read their "Just Right Books". These are books students should be able to read comfortably and independently.
Our Reading Strategies:
1. Look at the Front Cover and Pictures
2. Stories are composed of Pictures and Sentences
3. Use the Beginning Letter and Picture
4. Use the Ending Letter and Picture
5. Use ALL the letters and the pictures
6. Look for word families or special sounds (sh, ch, ing, ck, wh)
7. Looks Right, Sounds, Right, Makes Sense
*Encourage students to use one of these strategies when reading rather than giving them the word. This will help build their independence as a Reader.*
We started using the iPad App RAZkids. I have sent home the Student/Parent Login information. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Unit 2 introduces tapping and blending C-V-C words. It is important for students to be able to isolate the sounds in these three letter words. It helps them manipulate sounds to create and read new words. The Unit 2 Introduction letter is in this weeks homework packet. Please e-mail me if you need another copy.
- mat, map, sad, sat, sap, lip, lit, fit, wet, bet, job, nog, tug, hut, pup, gum