Digital Citizenship Project
Top 7 rules of digital citizenship
- Reread things before you post them-You may mean it as a joke, and others may not,(digital etiquette).
- Don't post private information-people can use it to invade your privacy, (information privacy).
- Be careful on the internet- you can-not always trust the people on the internet, if you do something you regret on the internet it will never go away ( your digital foot print), (social networking).
- think twice before you give someone- someone you know/ or someone you don't know could use your information agents you, (online safety).
- Don't write something you wouldn't say in person- if you are being cyber bullied take a breath before you respond, (cyberbully s).
- You don't learn anything if you just copy something- give credit to the website/ author, rephrase what you read,use quotes.
- don't copy someones idea- you need permission.
What is digital citizenship, why is it necessary for everyone understand and display positive digital citizenship?
Digital citizenship is ways people can stay safe on the internet. This is important/necessary because without digital citizenship the internet would not be fun, but really dangerous. some examples of ways to be safe on the internet is, to triple check website before going on it. Also you should ask your parents permission. So remember, pause before you post.