March 19, 2021
Traffic and Parking Lot Reminders
- U-turns in active school zones are illegal. Proceed ahead on the street and go around the block if needed!
- Parking in red zones is prohibited. Park in legal spots only. Do not idle in red zones.
- Be a good neighbor by parking in legal spots. Do not block driveways or double park.
- The main parking lot (Battista Ave) is closed during morning arrival and afternoon dismissal. If you park in the main lot during these times, you must remain parked until the blue gates are opened. Morning times are 8:40-9:00 a.m. and afternoon times are 3:10-3:40 p.m.
We appreciate your assistance. With many more students coming on campus in April, we all must work together and be mindful of traffic around the school to be sure students, faculty, and families are all safe.
In-Person Learners - Family Preview Appointments
We will invite our students who will be coming in-person for the first time this school year to the building to have the opportunity to preview the school and their classroom prior to reporting on April 6, 2021. As parents/guardians will not be allowed in the building on school days, this will provide an opportunity for families and their child(ren) to get a similar experience to that which was provided during Meet the Teacher prior to the pandemic.
Here is the general process:
- Families of students in Grades 4 and 5 will set an appointment (approximately 10 minutes or less) with the teacher during the afternoon the week of March 22nd. Families of students in grades Pre-K through 3 who will be coming to school for the first time in April will have limited opportunities based on teacher schedules.
- Teachers will create their schedule and confirm with families.
- Upon arrival, parents/guardians and students will have to follow all safety and hygiene protocols (including wearing a facial covering and adhering to distancing protocols), complete a visitor questionnaire, and have their temperature taken.
- Teachers will walk the family through the MPR to show the process for entry and movement in the building and then to the classroom to show the room and the child's spot. If the family has any supplies they would like to donate to the classroom, they would be able to do so at this time.
- We need families to bring their child's backpack to get school backpack tags (and bus tag if needed). We will also ask families to complete the dismissal sheet to confirm how the child will be dismissed. In addition, we will provide the Chromebook transport bag that will be required for students to transport their device between home and school.
Please look for information from your child's in-person teacher soon with more details to schedule an appointment. It will be very important that all our in-person learners come to the school building prior to April 6th to help with a smooth opening of in-person learning for additional students.
Reminder for In-Person Learners - Check Your Child's Health Daily
Any students determined to be exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 will be sent home immediately from school from the satellite health office. Should isolation and/or quarantine protocols need to be enacted, communication will be provided from the school.
In-Person Learning Update - Student Physical Distance Guideline Update Effective April 6, 2021
In-Person Learner Reminder - Outdoor Dining
Live Streaming Information
LWJES Lunch Bunch Information
The link to the LWJES Lunch Bunch will be available in Clever (icon will have a smile emoji). Teachers will also remind students on their day about LWJES Lunch Bunch. Students must be logged in to their CCSD Google account to join.
- Wednesday (3/24/2021)
- K-2 @ 11:30 a.m.
- 3-5 @ 12:00 p.m.
REPOSTING: In-Person Learning Model Information
There are many new procedures that are in place that are different from how school has operated in the past. In addition, we may adjust procedures based on the progress of the implementation process.
It is imperative that all families with students learning in-person carefully follow all aspects of our school's hybrid plan.
Working together, we will achieve our goal of educating students in a safe environment!
All information is subject to ongoing change. Please check back often to review updated information! The following links will take you directly the information indicated.
View a recording of the hybrid model live stream from 2/22/2021.
View current learning schedules in effect for March 2021. 3/19/2021 NOTE: Schedules for April 2021 will be posted the week of March 22nd and are subject to change from March schedules.
Everyone (students and adults) must wear a mask/facial covering when on campus, both indoors and outdoors.
Review hand hygiene, social distancing, and respiratory etiquette with your child.
Your class needs supplies!
Your child needs to bring certain items to school each day they come to school for in-person learning.
Click here to see meal menus online. You can also search for food distribution sites on this website. NOTE: You may need to "refresh" the webpage to see the menus for LWJES.
Our school's website with a collection of resources for digitally-supported education.